IGNORED

HF trailer

Hawg

I borrow a friends trailer to pull behind my 86 VR it's a car topper on a small trailer frame. It probably only weighs 80 pounds.

Biggest problem is limiting my wife to only what she needs.... you know, 3 to five suitcases with crap she will never wear. All this for a 5 day trip. But I'm getting off the subject.

The small trailer tows with no effort, I just give myself a little more stopping distance because of the added weight. One concession I make though is safety chains. I use very small cheap chain like you might hang a shop light from. They break away very easily. Many states require chains, but if the hitch comes off the ball I'd just as soon not have it hooked to my bike. Although the friend I borrow it from rides a Harley and has dropped his bike and the trailer stayed hitched to the bike.

I have one and love it!!!

Yes it takes a little TLC when 1st setting it up, but well worth it. I've lost count on how many miles I have on mine, but have worn out 2 rear tires on the bike since I've had it and it was behind the bike most of those miles. The tires that came on the trailer are about ready for replacement. I have added numerous LED lights to the trailer and replaced the wheel bearings(they REALLY did NOT NEED replacing).

Yes, it looks huge inside, until my wife starts loading her necessities!!! :shock3: :whistling:

I bought a new/used one a few months ago. Somebody had bought it new, assembled it and then traded it off with their bike for a car. I don't think from the looks of it they ever pulled it. ( a lot of incorrect assembly might have had something to do with trading it off IMHO)

But, after correcting the problems, upgrading a few things like LED lights, better zerks, shimming the receiver mount and actually using real grease on the bearings, and then of course changing out the entire damaged wiring harness I'm pretty happy with it. I've only put about 500 miles on it since I got it but it works fine for my plans. Weekend camping trips and such. Probably won't be my choice for dragging to Alaska.

But it pulls great and rides smooth. Hardly know it back there at all.

Just take your time during assembly and read the advice here on what needs to be changed to make it right the first time. Will save you some fixes down the road.

Mike

I have built several of them and pulled a couple. For the money they are a great little trailer and I wouldn't be afraid to hook them on the back of a bike and do a 10K trip with them. There are little upgrades that should be done to them, but the basic trailer is great.....

:2cents:

Pulls almost too awesome, you can forget it's back there.

Followed all the suggestions in the thread on updates , longer tongue, cooler rack, repack bearings, remove lief spring and add a piece of hose. . . and it pulls awesome. I did switch to all led's and added a high center light. Made a tongue stand from scrap angle. You are seeing more and more of them and I have never heard any issues with the 8" tires. I bolted a spare over the axle with a u bolt and made a simple jack with a 2x6 that has a notch to hold the tire about 2 1/2 off the ground, dirty and easy.

Someone is making a plug in harness for your isolator , so no wires to cut

You can find coupons from HF and get a great deal.