IGNORED

"I" clutch basket

XV1100SE

Reading some old articles on clutch whine and basket changes... bored at work so out of curiosity I looked to see what pricing is. Thought it was interesting that the "I" basket applies to ATV's, boats, lawnmowers, as well as the Venture and RSTD.

4XY-16150-09-00 ("I" basket")

PRIMARY DRIVEN GEAR

$331 @ boats.net

$302 @ partspak.com

$285 @ boatpartguys.com

$342 @ yocracing.com (Yamaha of Cucamonga)

$299 @ lawnmowerpros.com

"H" basket was 26H-16150-00-I0

Makes sense they'd use it in multiple applications but quite the variance in pricing. I didn't list the higher prices I saw ($385, suggested list $405).... but $100 difference in price between top and bottom.

When looking for parts by Yamaha part numbers.... extend your search past bike shops and you might save some $$$$. Unless you have lots to throw around (in that case throw some my way !)

:mo money:

Edited by XV1100SE
remove bold

Yeah Don,

It appears that any company that sells any Yamaha product (mowers, boats, snowmobiles, etc), can also order oem Yamaha motorcycle parts. And from what you have found, it appears that they are also taking advantage of the internet as an additional source of income.

I just ordered some gaskets from Boats.net because even with shipping, it's much cheaper that I can get with my local discount.

Good find,

Rick

Reading some old articles on clutch whine and basket changes... bored at work so out of curiosity I looked to see what pricing is. Thought it was interesting that the "I" basket applies to ATV's, boats, lawnmowers, as well as the Venture and RSTD.

PRIMARY DRIVEN GEAR

$331 @ boats.net

$302 @ partspak.com

$285 @ boatpartguys.com

$299 @ lawnmowerpros.com

Makes sense they'd use it in multiple applications but quite the variance in pricing. I didn't list the higher prices I saw ($385, suggested list $405).... but $100 difference in price between top and bottom.

When looking for parts by Yamaha part numbers.... extend your search past bike shops and you might save some $$$$. Unless you have lots to throw around (in that case throw some my way !)

Oh,

Stadium Yamaha is also getting into this on-line market and has the same price as Boatpartguys.come at $285. They told me that this was the most Yamaha would let them discount parts.

Rick

PRIMARY DRIVEN GEAR

$331 @ boats.net

$302 @ partspak.com

$285 @ boatpartguys.com

$299 @ lawnmowerpros.com

That's a great price Dick,

If hadn't already had mine replaced under warrenty, about 5 days before my warranty expired, I would certainly take it off your hands.

Guys, if any of you have a 2nd gen clutch basket that is driving you crazy, and your bike is out of warranty.....don't let this one slip by you :thumbsup2:

I have one that I'm going to sell - $150.00 + shipping