IGNORED

Locking question

fgrimes636

• 7 months later...

I just happened to come across this old post and I have wondered the same. These two items lift off in seconds and I see them for sale on Ebay fairly often. I have even taken them off and carried them into my hotel room when staying at a hotel with a poorly lit parking lot. They are kind of awkward and I use the hotel back door entrance and even take the stairs. I guess I kind of look like the theif but nobody has ever see me the few times I have done it.

I realiize if someone wants something they will find a way but I don't see an easy way to secure them or even slow down a potential thief.

I would say the majority of would be thieves are lazy. If they can get it easy they may try, but they aint going to work very hard at it. Maybe drill a hole so lock cant be opened and install a bolt with an odd driver requirment. Kind of like the "no-tamper_ bolts" on carb setting and the like. An allen head bolt may do the trick. If they have to go look for the specfic tool they will probably give up and move on. May be some bolt like that avail at home depot or lowes in hardware section. Star with pin in middle or something like that. If you use just an allen bolt, once installed fill the allen hole with RTV. They would have to dig it all out if they want it.