IGNORED

Looking at 2003 Midnight Venture….good deal?

Buck_Roy

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question then, if it is title as a midnight and from what I have seen they are in demand and sell for more than most around them years, wouldn't it lose value with a new coat of paint?

who cares if it looses a little value - I didn't buy mine for an investment, I bought it because I wanted it. Then I wanted it a different color - my mineke, my money, my choice

Guest scarylarry
who cares if it looses a little value - I didn't buy mine for an investment, I bought it because I wanted it. Then I wanted it a different color - my mineke, my money, my choice

It is one choice but if I bought a midnight it would stay a midnight but like you said it is a personal choice, when I buy I look at flipping it cause I don't hang on to it long..

The RSV is the longest I ever held on to a bike, it is a on 09 and looking at trading it now...

I think that's the best sounding 'wing I've ever heard, kinda maybe got a little "Porsche" sound going on.

Thanks M8t ... it's equipped with Cobra mufflers and Torq-Loopz

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/torq-master-pipes-torq-loopz-goldwing-1800-01-05/part/TMP-TZ

.... oh, and that "whine" you hear at idle... that's the JET engine..... :cool10:

It is one choice but if I bought a midnight it would stay a midnight but like you said it is a personal choice, when I buy I look at flipping it cause I don't hang on to it long..

The RSV is the longest I ever held on to a bike, it is a on 09 and looking at trading it now...

EXACTLY

We all do it to suit ourselves - as long as the better half OK's it :mo money: :mo money:

I hope you meant selling it, if you intend to trade with a dealer and make money I wanna be a fly on the wall. :bowdown:

Hi;

Too bad you are so far away. I've got my 2008 Royal Star Venture with stock mufflers, a little higher than stock (stock arms available), Cherry/Black, 45K, new rear tire, shock replaced in June, Speed-Healer - in process to sell for $7200 :95:

I just bought a 2002 Trike.

JohnB

Hi,

I'm looking to get back to riding after a several year hiatus. I'm looking at a 2003 Venture, and wanted to ask if I could impose on the great members and RSV experts here to tell me if it sounds like a reasonable deal? And I also had a few quick questions about the RSV itself...

THE BIKE:

It's a 2003 midnight, with custom "silver zoned" paint (see the pics), in seemingly pretty much "like new" condition, and the seller is the original owner. It's got 51K miles, almost all open road miles. It seems to be "loaded", including: a TON of chrome, what seems to be just about every add-on piece of billet chrome Yammy offers, polished/chromed wheels, chromed and polished forks, Khrome Werks pipes, Barons lowering kit, upgraded stereo speakers, Jensen stereo power amp, extra rear lights for brake/running/turn signal. He has also added some kind of modification kit to be able to remove the rear trunk (and has an additional "solo seat") and has installed a secondary antenna hidden in the fairing. (again, see the pics. One of the pics was taken before the custom paint job)

I'm going to try to attach a couple of pics, 6 hopefully, and I hope I do this right!!

Can anyone suggest anything I should check on or make sure of with a 2003 RSV? Would this bike for $8000 be a reasonable deal?

QUESTIONS:

Ok, so while I'm imposing on everyone...a few RSV questions:

How expensive would it be to have the Barons lowering kit removed, and the bike returned to stock? How hard is it to do? I train with a few motor officers, am lucky enough to be allowed to join them on their obstacle course practice sessions, and I don't like the idea of giving up ground clearance. (I've been told that the Barons kit makes the RSV scrape a LOT easier.) I'm also 6'1", so I think the bike would fit me better without being lowered.

Has anyone here modified their RSV to "quick remove" the trunk? Does the RSV handle differently without the trunk?

With the trunk off, does anyone know if it would be possible to outfit an RSV to accept the quick attach/remove sissy bar (with backrest) and luggage rack from a RSTD? (I don't know why, but for some reason that idea/possibility of being able to do that kinda cranks me up!)

Is it possible to outfit an RSV with the short, "stubby" antenna like a lot of Harley riders do with their Ultras? The 2 antenna on the trunk, I mean? If so, how well do they work?

Thank you, all, for your patience...and a special thanks to anyone who might be willing to offer their thoughts!

THANKS!!!!! :fingers-crossed-emo

Guest scarylarry

EXACTLY

We all do it to suit ourselves - as long as the better half OK's it :mo money: :mo money:

I hope you meant selling it, if you intend to trade with a dealer and make money I wanna be a fly on the wall. :bowdown:

Yes we suit ourselves...Dealers you come out sometimes and not so good sometimes.....The 09 will be listed locally when time comes or let me sister handle it she owns a car lot but bikes she doesn't like selling or on the lot, but if I bought a midnight it stays a midnight as true with any factory color...

I will say this when the yammy gone there will never be another one in my driveway ever again..

Hi;

Too bad you are so far away. I've got my 2008 Royal Star Venture with stock mufflers, a little higher than stock (stock arms available), Cherry/Black, 45K, new rear tire, shock replaced in June, Speed-Healer - in process to sell for $7200 :95:

I just bought a 2002 Trike.

JohnB

Theres no way in hell I'd sell a bike in the winter as your gonna take a beating on it.

NADA retail is $9232 low and $12,132 high.

Personally would list at $9000 and come down a little. If you start at 7200 your gonna get haggeled down.

Yes we suit ourselves...Dealers you come out sometimes and not so good sometimes.....The 09 will be listed locally when time comes or let me sister handle it she owns a car lot but bikes she doesn't like selling or on the lot, but if I bought a midnight it stays a midnight as true with any factory color...

I will say this when the yammy gone there will never be another one in my driveway ever again..

just curious - how do you feel about pinstriping ??

The Royal Star Venture is the MOST comfortable bike I've ever owned and I've already made my fortune so I don't mind letting someone else make a little profit. That's why I buy and sell my truck every 2 years or so, as well with my wife's car. ( we don't have payments on them either) mines a 2011 Z71 and hers a 2012 Legacy

Guest scarylarry
just curious - how do you feel about pinstriping ??

The Royal Star Venture is the MOST comfortable bike I've ever owned and I've already made my fortune so I don't mind letting someone else make a little profit. That's why I buy and sell my truck every 2 years or so, as well with my wife's car. ( we don't have payments on them either) mines a 2011 Z71 and hers a 2012 Legacy

Depends on what is it and what it is on....Yes yammy is very comfortable but I'll never own another one for personal reasons....

Depends on what is it and what it is on....Yes yammy is very comfortable but I'll never own another one for personal reasons....

Ok - I have some understanding

I bought a 2007 Wing w/champion trike kit then listed my Venture. I sold it a couple weeks ago, I thought I priced it high enough that it wouldn't sell but someone fell in love with it.

My Venture was the only bike that I ever had a real attachment to, for no reason other than I just flat out liked it and the ride.

Guest scarylarry

I bought a 2007 Wing w/champion trike kit then listed my Venture. I sold it a couple weeks ago, I thought I priced it high enough that it wouldn't sell but someone fell in love with it.

My Venture was the only bike that I ever had a real attachment to, for no reason other than I just flat out liked it and the ride.

It is a great bike I give it that, but my last yamaha ever...

Pin stripping is in the eyes of the beholder, I have seen some I like and others I would not be caught dead on....

I would say designs one I would never do 99% of them I could didn't like or could care less about...

Pin stripping is in the eyes of the beholder, I have seen some I like and others I would not be caught dead on....

I would say designs one I would never do 99% of them I could didn't like or could care less about...

I got a pretty good deal on the Trike ($21,000) but since I got it home I've put another $2000 plus in it and I'm still looking for 'stuff' to put on it. I know up front that I'll never recoup the bling money but again, it's things I want. A CB, Antenna, 4.5 degree triple tree, a second heated seat w/Utopia back rest, a J & M Blue tooth terminal, Kury

Highway boards w/heel/toe shifter, Kury highway pegs, mirror turn signal led's and there will be more - oh, almost forgot, didn't have it home 24 hours and Jaybird was here doing his thing.

yep - Life is good :thumbsup:

Guest scarylarry
Trying hard to read these remarks, but my screen must be missing some letters or words?? Because i cant make heads or tails of what your saying larry??:detective:

What part don't you understand?

progress.gif

Guest scarylarry

I got a pretty good deal on the Trike ($21,000) but since I got it home I've put another $2000 plus in it and I'm still looking for 'stuff' to put on it. I know up front that I'll never recoup the bling money but again, it's things I want. A CB, Antenna, 4.5 degree triple tree, a second heated seat w/Utopia back rest, a J & M Blue tooth terminal, Kury

Highway boards w/heel/toe shifter, Kury highway pegs, mirror turn signal led's and there will be more - oh, almost forgot, didn't have it home 24 hours and Jaybird was here doing his thing.

yep - Life is good :thumbsup:

Sounds like you got a good buy a friend of mine is looking for one here, we went and look a GW nice but the owner was very proud of it...He has to have a trike so his search is limited...I did chrome the trim out on my gas tank and lower cowling, reviews have been mixed on it..

Guest scarylarry
Reading the last. Line?

I would say designs, is one I would never do 99% of them I didn't like or could care less about...

There..........

progress.gif

I find the above a bit confoosing myself; however, here's what I think you're saying...

I would say designs ARE one I would never do. 99% of them I didn't like or could care less about (leave out the "could" between I and didn't).