IGNORED

Zumo XM Antenna

I have the GXM-30 antenna mounted via velcro onto a platform I made onto my mirror mast . Normally my radar detector is mounted there , so I occasionally toss the GXM-30 into my windshield bags and have notice less quality reception . I've wondered myself about placing under the fairing , but I use the ZUMO in my cage as well , so I will not mount under the fairing .

BEER30

• 2 weeks later...

I've had the GS-30 Antenna mounted under my fairing for going on over a year. The reception is fine, however when I was in the mountains in NC, I would occassionally loose signal, but not sure if that was because of the location of the antenna, or just the geography I was in.

I used the 3M double sided tape, and positioned it as high as it would go inside the fairing, and still allow me to bolt the fairing cover back on.

Hope this helps

I've had the GS-30 Antenna mounted under my fairing for going on over a year. The reception is fine, however when I was in the mountains in NC, I would occassionally loose signal, but not sure if that was because of the location of the antenna, or just the geography I was in.

I used the 3M double sided tape, and positioned it as high as it would go inside the fairing, and still allow me to bolt the fairing cover back on.

Hope this helps

That really surprises me. I thought XM had to have a view to the sky above. That's why it drops out in my garage and going through tunnels.

DT

It kind of surprises me also. Although, I also have a home cradle for one of my XM units and found that with the home antenna sitting on top of my entertainment center it would work if I had it aimed exactly right.

In regards to riding in the mountains, I sometimes lose the signal also and my antenna on the bike in mounted on top of the clutch reservoir. Also happens sometimes where there is heavy tree coverage beside the road.