IGNORED

Looking for A

Hazenson

Trying to find a replacement air line that goes from the little hole behind the Front seat to the rear shock. Mine is missing and I have no way to check or add air to the rear shock. (without taking the rear tire off- my hands are too big to get in there). Looking on e-bay and parts places but no luck yet. Anyone have a idea where to look for one?- Thanx in advance oh for a second gen btw.

If the valve stem is still there pop off the black plastic ring and remove the whole valve stem and take it to a auto parts store to get the right size line. Shouldn't need over 12'' and trim to fit.

http://http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=71619&stc=1&d=1347747359 Never mind I see that it is crimped on so what I had in mind won't work. Maybe someone who has a bad shock laying around could help.

Guest scarylarry

Maybe a gasket and rubber place can make one...We have on in Nashville I know that won't help you but maybe there is one near you or dealer should have it...

Hmm thanks for the ideas, not sure if that will work or not-- I dont know what original looks like-- I just have a valve stem sticking out of shock and everything else is gone. But if I cant find one I know I can make one. So thats the route Ill start working on. Thanks again, just wanted to be sure I wasnt over looking, where I might be able to buy a replacement.

Dingy, from looking at the pictures ive found - it does look really close, Ill wait till this winter or until I get more time and will pull rear tire off. untill then I wont know for sure till I can get in there and pull the old valve stem off and see the size and stuff. Its possible it might just work. Ill also check for lengh then too- see if it would reach or reach to another spot where I could mount it. I could still adapt it and lenghen it needed- let me know what ya want for that and Ill send ya some money plus shipping costs.

Im the one that was looking for the airline-the one Dingy pictured there was from a first gen. But I was thinking I could make it work. if you have one from a second gen and want to part with it- id happily pay ya for it.

The picture I posted was of a line I need, Sorry !!

I am putting together Tweety II starting this winter and it will be a bare bones look, no air compressor.

I looked through my sizable parts stash last night and could not find another for you. I also think one from the front forks of a 1st gen would work. One without a compressor. These had the Shrader fitting mounted on a bracket near the key switch. Probably about 8" long. I have one of them but need it also. Picture attached of front one from a compressor equiped bike, but other is similar..

Gary