IGNORED

Completed a bucket list item!

dddeering

4 years ago I started a bucket list Quest. It was to drive through and eat ice cream in all the lower 48 states. I finished it two weeks ago and wanted to thank every insightful poster on the forum.

I've learned tire pressure, battery life, clutch replacement, locations to visit, even how to keep my butt from getting sore,,,,,,,,and so,so much more.

Thanks to all of you, especially Freebird for keeping this place going.

3d

And yep thats a pin for every state and a few extra for places you have recommended I visit along the way.

4 years ago I started a bucket list Quest. It was to drive through and eat ice cream in all the lower 48 states. I finished it two weeks ago and wanted to thank every insightful poster on the forum.

That is very cool. Congrats on doing a great amount of riding, and fulfilling part of your bucket list. Excellent idea, we all should do this.

CONGRATS!!!

Now do tell....what's the secret to not getting a sore butt on long rides?:confused24:

The secret...if you want to call it that, is to make your motorcycle as ergonomically perfect for your body as possible, and...to buy a custom made seat that fits your butt to perfection, and allows you to ride all day long. Whether that is 10 hour days, or 24 hours a day, that is your choice.

Personally, I will only use a Russell Day-Long Saddle. I am on my 10th seat from them, and this one is the best one they have ever made for me. And it is on my RSMTD.

There are other good seat makers out there, and people that can modify your current seat to make it work better for you. Other riders swear by the seat they have, just as I smile by the seats I have.

Bottom line to seats is...if the seat you are using is "perfect" in every way for you, and your body, then great ! You have a seat that works for you. If your seat does NOT work for you, make the change now...and you will be a happier rider.

More miles = More smiles :cool10:

I've never seen a state map all filled in. I can't tell if Hawaii is colored in or not.

Brian, if your question was directed to "me", then the answer is...Hawaii is not colored in, and...in the IBA we have a ride called (by many names) the 10/48, or 10/49, or 7/48...etc. The ride is to ride in all 48 states of the contiguous states, in less than 10 days. Or...if you want to include Alaska, then you ride in the 49 states of the continental states. So, yes, the map is all filled in, except Hawaii. It also includes all the Canadian Provinces and Territories.

If your question was not directed to me...then forget the above posted info.

:whistling: