IGNORED

Mkii temp gauge update

Recently I had posted a thread about needing a temp gauge. In True Venturerider.org nature I received two by mail for free. As much as I appreciate the response and generousity of our members (Thanks, ISUTLEY & MUFFINMAN), I only needed one. So, the extra one is available to anyone that needs it for free. As well any of the extra MKI and MKII parts I have laying around and don't need, the selection of parts are a varied assotment. Just PM if there is anything you need and I'll look and see if If I have one laying around.

But, I did have a question that I had posted on the earlier thread that no one responded to and since I am still curious I am going to ask again.

But actually,

I received a good temp gauge today from ISUTLEY (Thanks Les) and was able to compare his good one to my bad one.

On a good one, or, one which has never had the needle pin removed from, there is a slight retraction action on the needle that returns the needle to the cold position when the sensor registers cold.

On my bad one there is no retraction action. I'm not sure what causes that retraction action rather it be spring loaded or a reaction due to temp but it is deffinately there and neccessary.

Does anyone know what causes the retraction action on the needle? Curious minds want to know.

Edited by Dragonslayer

You now have one that works, when installed in the bike, correct ?

You also have one that you are certain, does not work correctly, hmmmmm ??

SO: why are you worried about it?? and, why aren't you out drinking beer ??? :whistling::whistling::whistling:

And besides that, you have another good one that you don't need !!!!!!

So, whats the problem :confused24::confused24::confused24:

Some people are just never satisfied !!!!! :rotf::rotf:

You now have one that works, when installed in the bike, correct ?

You also have one that you are certain, does not work correctly, hmmmmm ??

SO: why are you worried about it?? and, why aren't you out drinking beer ??? :whistling::whistling::whistling:

And besides that, you have another good one that you don't need !!!!!!

So, whats the problem :confused24::confused24::confused24:

Some people are just never satisfied !!!!! :rotf::rotf:

George,

It's just that I can't help seeking and mastering the ultimate knowledge of the Universe.... or, at least the intricate nuainces of the 1st gen MKII. Mostly, just curious.

I did get an answer though. The retraction action of the needle is evidently a result of a Magnetic field transfered on small wire which I evidently broke on the old bad gauge.

Also, Sorry the Extra Gauge is no longer available and is spoken for.

thanks everybody for your help and responses.

Bob