IGNORED

Leaving the Darkside

1joeranger

After 31,000 miles it is time to replace my Kumho tire. I have been well satisfied with her travelling to Texas, to Utah, crossing the pass near Breckenridge, Colorado at about 11,500 feet, riding the Highway to the Sun, in Glacier NP, Montana, and visiting Ohio for our MD at Don's. All those miles and the tire preformed flawlessly!

Time to see for myself, now that I have personnel experience with a car tire, what difference going back to a motorcycle tire will do for my bike. I read an excellent article recently in one of the Bike magazines regarding why one should not turn to the darkside. I bow my head to their wisdom and knowledge. My decision to leave the darkside is not based on this article though. My experience, with the car tire, just does not track with what they are saying. Leaving the darkside, at least for the life of one motorcycle tire, is my way of figuring out what is best for my bike.

I ordered an Avon Venom this morning.

hi ray

hope all is well in your neck of the woods. thanks for your post about your experince with the c/t. glad it has worked for you. as i told you a few years ago this is a mod that has worked for me, but it has not worked well for others. thanks to the boss for letting us d/s folks have a place to share the good and bad of runing a c/t.

best reguards

don c.