IGNORED

2013 lineup announcement

lonewolf96

I just looked over the entire Star 2013 line-up and all that is new is the V-Star 1300 Deluxe and the Raider SCL. So really we have one bike in limited numbers with extra chrome and and special badge going for an additional $5,000 and mid sized cruiser with a fairing, audio and GPS added (albeit I think the prcie is much more reasonable). And that's it.

So could the economy, earthquake and so forth be hitting Yamaha more than we know or are they just focusing elsewhere? :depressed:

It seems they haven't learned anything from the V-max. The orignal dominated it's market and Yamaha let it stagnate for nearly 20 years then they come out with a bike that is an "also ran" and tack a $20,000 price tag on it. Maybe that's why I've only seen one on the road since it was released. I just don't understand the business stategy here, if there is one.:confused24:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Following the previous response from Yamaha Canada I sent them :

I appreciate your response.

Considering that the Venture has been basically unchanged since 1999 where other manufacturers have updated their offering in the tour bike class (Harley, Kawasaki, Honda), the Venture has stagnated.

2013 would have been the 30th anniversary of the first Venture. Would have been an ideal time for Yamaha to update the model as an anniversary edition.

Their response (at least they are responding !)

I agree. Our designer and engineers have been rapidly making units for enormous emerging markets and that has basically allowed us to continue with some models that are less profitable.

I really think the market is going to change in North America and we will see big advancements.

Have a great weekend.

Scott