IGNORED

Headset question

Wizard765

I know this topic has be hashed over a few times but I was wondering if anyone had tried the helmetless headsets from Sierra

http://www.sierra-mc.com/proddetail.asp?prod=IMC%2DHS%2DG45U

It appears that they would also work with a half helmet.

If they are any good I would be able to keep my half helmet and not have to purchase a 3/4 helmet. But I was thinking they might be noisy.

Wayne

I know this topic has be hashed over a few times but I was wondering if anyone had tried the helmetless headsets from Sierra

http://www.sierra-mc.com/proddetail.asp?prod=IMC%2DHS%2DG45U

It appears that they would also work with a half helmet.

If they are any good I would be able to keep my half helmet and not have to purchase a 3/4 helmet. But I was thinking they might be noisy.

Wayne

I strongly considered one. However, I know those type of earphones are what I use at the Gym with my MP3 and they are not near as good as the ones in the ear.

You could get the 8154, cut the speakers off, and then get the earbud adapter from CycleGadgets. Attach the mic to the 1/2 helmet and put the earbud speakers in. This is what I plan to do, if I just can't stand going back to my 3/4 helmet.

Jay

I strongly considered one. However, I know those type of earphones are what I use at the Gym with my MP3 and they are not near as good as the ones in the ear.

You could get the 8154, cut the speakers off, and then get the earbud adapter from CycleGadgets. Attach the mic to the 1/2 helmet and put the earbud speakers in. This is what I plan to do, if I just can't stand going back to my 3/4 helmet.

Jay

Thanks for the response Jay. Do you know if the boom on the 8154 mic is long enough for a half helmet?

Wayne

If the headset you are talking about is the IMC, I would say don't worry with it. I have two and my father has one. All of them have problems. The speakers quite working, so my dad decided to cut the speakers to just use the mic and that didn't work. We are thinking that all of them ground through each other. I am also looking just a mic. I have looked at the handheld for the gold wing thinking it would work being that the older ones have the same plug. For now i just put the head set on and dont worry that the speakers don't work and use the mic. If anyone has a solution that would be great. I also want to keep my shorty helmet and not switch to 3/4 for just a mic to use my CB.

Thanks for the response Jay. Do you know if the boom on the 8154 mic is long enough for a half helmet?

Wayne

I think it is, though it puts it in a rather odd place. I tried it on my 1/2 first, because I was going to cut the speakers off right from the start. Squidly has the mic only mounted to his helmet, maybe he will tell you what he thinks.

I have one, and the sound is fine; also the boom is long enough for a 1/2 helmet which is all I wear.

The only thing that I have to say could be better is that the headset is not adjustable. If the loop around the bach were adjustable it would be much more comfortable in different helmets on different heads.

Wayne,

I do have J&M on our 1/2 helmets, and the mic is a bit longer to accomodate that. My setup was expensive as I had to purchase the pieces individually. It sounds great coming across and I use the bikes speakers as I dont have headsets in the 1/2 helmets.

If your coming to the M&E on Saturday I can show you what I have and you can make a decision :happy34:

Wayne,

I do have J&M on our 1/2 helmets, and the mic is a bit longer to accomodate that. My setup was expensive as I had to purchase the pieces individually. It sounds great coming across and I use the bikes speakers as I dont have headsets in the 1/2 helmets.

If your coming to the M&E on Saturday I can show you what I have and you can make a decision :happy34:

Hey Brad:

Yes I'm coming to the Meet and Greet but I mostly want the headsets for communication so I will want the speakers in my helmet or against my ears or whatever. Your setup just using the bikes speakers would be ok for the CB but not for talking to my navigator. I guess I'm trying to decide on whether or not I want to get a 3/4 helmet. The Navigator wears a full modular helmet. If I get a 3/4 helmet then I will get the JM headsets and if not I'd need to get something like the helmetless headsets from Sierra.

Wayne