IGNORED

longest trip so far

Yamamike

Well this past weekend I took my longest trip so far (800 Klicks round trip). I know this is just a small jaunt for some of y'all but not for me! Rode up (solo) to Sudbury to visit my folks and took my 69 year old Mom on her first ever motorcycle ride. The grin on her face and the thank you hug made the trip more than worthwhile.

Mom has Alzheimer's and I just hope she remembers this for a while. But if not...I'll be very happy to repeat as often as I can.:cool10:

...I was worried it would feel like a really long trip but not at all.

You get used to it. We went from Kitchener to Hamilton on the weekend. Mapquest puts it at 60km (37 miles). On the Venture it turns out to be 175km (108 miles). You end up finding the long way to get places !

Well this past weekend I took my longest trip so far (800 Klicks round trip). I know this is just a small jaunt for some of y'all but not for me! Rode up (solo) to Sudbury to visit my folks and took my 69 year old Mom on her first ever motorcycle ride. The grin on her face and the thank you hug made the trip more than worthwhile.

Mom has Alzheimer's and I just hope she remembers this for a while. But if not...I'll be very happy to repeat as often as I can.:cool10:

I'm told that Alzheimer's patients tend to remember events when they are highly stimulated. My father in law had Alzheimer's and I took him for rides a couple of times a year. Near the end, he couldn't remember my name - but he recognized me as the guy with the bike. Then he smiled. Enjoy the rides.