IGNORED

Beretta

Iowa Guy

I have a Beretta 84F 380. Its a nice little piece except for one thing. After I have shot about a hundred rounds, the safety will not come back on. I have tried cleaning and soaking but nothing seems to help.

Are there some good web sights I could go to that would help me understand what to do? Otherwise my next step is a gun smith.

Iowa Guy

IMHO I would let no one other than a reputable gunsmith do what is needed to ensure proper operation and safety of your gun.

Boomer....who sez shooting a toe off iz a good way to limp like like a pirate....:whistling:

Good advice. I WILL keep it safe.

I have an 84FS. These are great little guns and I enjoy mine thoroughly. Make sure you are using a Beretta magazine. Off brands can cause problems. What do you mean by the safety doesn't come on? Can you move the safety lever and it doesn't engage or does the lever jam and can't be moved? Or does it move and the gun still fires? Call Beretta to make arrangements to send it in for service. Be sure they are fully aware of exactly what the problem is and when it occurs.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
I have an 84FS. These are great little guns and I enjoy mine thoroughly. Make sure you are using a Beretta magazine. Off brands can cause problems. What do you mean by the safety doesn't come on? Can you move the safety lever and it doesn't engage or does the lever jam and can't be moved? Or does it move and the gun still fires? Call Beretta to make arrangements to send it in for service. Be sure they are fully aware of exactly what the problem is and when it occurs.

Mike

Magazine is Beretta. Safety lever jams in the down position with the red dot visible and can not be pulled up. Sending it in for servicing will be my next option.

Tim (Iowa Guy)

I have a Beretta 84F 380. Its a nice little piece except for one thing. After I have shot about a hundred rounds, the safety will not come back on. I have tried cleaning and soaking but nothing seems to help.

Are there some good web sights I could go to that would help me understand what to do? Otherwise my next step is a gun smith.

Iowa Guy

First of all do you have a manual that shows how to field strip the firearm?

If not then you may be able to download one from the net.

If you are not comfortable with that the take it to a gunsmith.

100 rounds?

what you trying to hit? I think your gun sights are off you think:stickpoke:

I remember my Friend Rob telling me one time he had lint in his gun which kept the safety from working he had to tear it completely apart to find the problem

I agree that the first thing to do is field strip and clean. could just be crud keeping it from working properly. need to find the break down instructions or schematic.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaFk4pr4kpc]Beretta 84 and 85 CHEETA Takedown Filed strip, Clean and reassemble. - YouTube[/ame]

Field strip and clean it, see if the safety works with the slide off and that there is no debris blocking it. If it does not function with the slide off you need to send that bad boy in. If you find a gunsmith that has been to Beretta's school they will usually hang that on the wall.