IGNORED

Wiring Instructions???

I am a novice at this stuff but can follow directions with the best of them.

I have two sets of after market lights from Wally World that I have mounted on the deflectors and foot pegs. Now I have to wire them.

I want to have the first set on all the time the headlight is on (both high beam and low beam). Also want to be able to turn them off when working on the bike etc. so will probably need to place a switch somewhere.

I want the second set to be on only when high beam is on. Don't think I will need a switch for this set.

How, what and where I wire them in is what I need to know. What colors wires are what on the bike? How and where do I wire them into the bikes wiring? How and where do I mount a switch. Can I do it without splitting the fairing?

Remember I am a newbie to this bike and while I am not totally mechanically challenged neither am I an engineering genius so instructions must be simple to follow.

Thanks for any help with this

Kevin you will need to use a relay to the lights powered from the high beam yellow wire to activate the lighting relay.

Mounting of the switch is up to you find a mount that you like or drill a hole to mount the switch in.

Split the fairing you will need to so that you can get to the wiring for the headlight it is not that hard just dont forget the single screw under the headlight.

Wire the lights that you want on all the time just as the instructions say but come off of the fuse panel swithed side and use a relay and seperate fuse on it.

It will be easy to do just take your time the first time I split the fairing on a 2 gen it took less than 15 min.

Jeff

I have two sets of after market lights from Wally World that I have mounted on the deflectors and foot pegs. Now I have to wire them.

I want to have the first set on all the time the headlight is on (both high beam and low beam).

I want the second set to be on only when high beam is on. Don't think I will need a switch for this set.

How and where do I mount a switch. Can I do it without splitting the fairing?

Thanks for any help with this

Well let me say right off the batt that you will be over "taxing" your charging system BIG TIME when you hit your bright lights as in the way you are planning to do.

I really dont think the bike can handle what your trying to do myself, but one of the electrical "BRIGHT" ones will jump in and tell you more hopefully.

In what your saying, You will have the regular head light on high beam, and you say you also want to have BOTH sets of additional lights also on high beam..

WOW...thats a lot of juice..You will look like a B52 coming in for a landing..and that's IF the charging system CAN handle the needed power which I personally doubt..

One thing for sure, I would say yes you will need to split the fairing, and it would sure make the job a lot easier to wire up...

As for the wire coloring, you can look the headlight wiring up in the tech section of this site. You can down load the manual for your bike and page down until you find the correct electrical section for the head light and it should tell you the colors of low and high beam.

If you split your fairing, you could look behind yourheadlight assembly and see what colors the wires are that go to it. Using a tester, you can determine which one is fo rlow and which one is for high beams.

As for a switch, I would recomend a switch being mounted on the handle bar for ease of accessibility to switch it on or off...and not having to take your eye off the road during the changing of high & low beams..