IGNORED

LOWERIING A VENTURE (help)

midnightrider1300

I'm not 100% sure but I think the Baron's lowering kit will lower it about 1 1/2". That is the only actual lowering kit that I know of. Other than that, you might be able to go with a custom seat or modify the stock seat and take perhaps another 1" off. All said, I would think that about 2 1/2" or so would be about it.

I'm not 100% sure but I think the Baron's lowering kit will lower it about 1 1/2". That is the only actual lowering kit that I know of. Other than that, you might be able to go with a custom seat or modify the stock seat and take perhaps another 1" off. All said, I would think that about 2 1/2" or so would be about it.

I was thinking I had read somewhere on here 2''..Personally I really think the guy needs a trike or a can-am spyder.. we have a goldwing with landing gear but he is afraid ppl will LOL at his training wheels..I told him I'd rather put up with a little ribbing that letting a bike go down..

I was thinking I had read somewhere on here 2''..Personally I really think the guy needs a trike or a can-am spyder.. we have a goldwing with landing gear but he is afraid ppl will LOL at his training wheels..I told him I'd rather put up with a little ribbing that letting a bike go down..

You really going for the hard sale aren't you :stickpoke:

the wing would be perfect fit......

Actually, we are both wrong. It is 1" with the lowering kit and then I guess whatever you can get cutting the seat down. Here is the link to the Baron's kit.

http://www.baronscustom.com/catalog/display/565/index.html

At 5'6" with a 27" inseam, I can attest to the fact that the RSV will fall over for short folks. I have the front of mine lowered 1" and about an inch cut off the seat. With all that I still can just barely get both heels down on a level surface. If he is much shorter than I am, IMHO, I think he REALLY might forgo worrying about what "everyone" thinks and put some sort of "training wheels" on any bike as big and tall as a Venture!

just my :2cents:

I am 5-5 on a good day, 28" inseam. If he gets a Corbin seat they can cut it down for him. I bet my seat ht is 2.5-3" lower then stock. My bike isnt lowered at all, so Lowering front and rear he could easily pick up another inch or so. A good pair of boots with a thick sole and heel, he would be good to go. If he has been riding for a few years and is comfortable on a bigger bike he will be fine. I remember reading all the horror stories on here about how big and heavy the Venture was, I was afraid to pick up the 06 when I bought it, didnt think I had a chance of getting it home without dropping it. I rode it with stock seat for a few months no problem, just get use to only putting left foot down most of the time and you will be fine.

Also little to no air in shocks when solo, and maybe 30lbs rear 2 up

My 2cents

Craig

Edited by cecdoo

I have two lowered Royals. (I wear 29 inseam)

Both can be lowered 1 1/2 in the rear with the Baron's lowering kit.

(I didn't go quite that far, had some mid length dog bones made.)

But that alone is a poor fix, without doing the front, bad rake for a heavy bike.

If you only did front or back,,, do the front.

Then, the RSV can be lowered exactly 1 1/2 in the front,,,

and the RSTD can be lowered between 1/2 and 3/4 in the front.

(The RSTD 3/4 is by modifying and switching the big washers in the fork tubes.)

Later, I will look for the thread where this was done a few months ago to my RSV (or you may have already found it).

As for chopping the stock seat,, I tried that first. With due respect, that mod ended up going flat within a couple thousand miles and I have since got it built back up.

With the height you are inferring, you need to lower the bike, the seat chop will not do it for you.

Oh, did I say,,,,, I LOVE MY LOWERED BIKES!

So does my wife as she does not fear my balance at stops now.

But if you lower the front and later want to sell it,,, advertise that. Because some short guy will want it but someone tall will not want to go through the process to raise it back up. (And I just had a 6'5" friend ride my RSV last week. I got some chuckles.)

Mike G in SC

Mike G

Follow this thread for more on getting mine lowered. http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=66844

Also get hold of Wild Bill (in our Vendor Classifieds) if you have questions.

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showcat.php?cat=36

Edited by Mike G in SC

I told him the same thing...GW with landing gear..

Donny he is probally gonna have to get that wing or a vstar 650 or some other low bike, my wife has a Suzuki Burgman that has a 25 inch seat height that she loves and has both feet flat on the ground.

I'm 5'4 1/2" 29" inseam. Road an '86 goldwing for a few months prior to getting the venture. The wing 'felt' like it wanted to stay on two wheels, I could only touch with the balls of my feet, but no issues. When I went to pick up the venture I could get a tad bit more of my feet on the ground, but the venture just feels like it wants to take a nap and lay over. I put a Baron's kit on the back, and dropped the front forks about an inch. I can get about half of each of my feet on the ground, heels just don't quite make it. About a month ago one of my kids got me a new pair of work boots, turns out the soles and padding are probably about 1/2 - 3/4" thicker than my old boots. I can flat foot it comfortably now.

I had done alot of reading on height issues and found alot of recommendations for shoes/boots with 'lifts' built in them. After seeing the difference in my new boots I still may grab a pair of 'lifted' boots just to gain some more leverage. tallmenshoes.com is one source, just checked and even searching amazon.com for calden boots brings up some options. Somewhere on one of the venture forums I recall reading a post from someone that was 5'2 with a 25" or 26" inseam. So anything is do-able!!