IGNORED

Ride to Hocking Hills, OH

22lyons

Never heard of the Hocking hills before but 12 hours later the wife and I had a cabin rented for the night and saddled up and headed out. Two highschool kids were on a mission trip in the dominican republic and the youngest at young teen camp. We took 52 south out of Chelsea, MI into OH 109 to Lima. From there we headed east and picked up 56. What a great drive. We took a pit stop about an hour from our destination and realized a strong storm was trailing us. We arrived at the cabin around 4:30 thinking the storm might pass through for us to go out for dinner. Not so. Wind, hail, rain well into the night. I managed to kick back on the covered deck in the hot tub and watch the strom roll through. Good thing for the coffee we found to brew up for dinner! The next day we spent meandering through the hills and state park with several miles of hiking. What a great day. The evening closed in a torrential downpour on I-75 heading towards Toledo. We found a car to follow and watched their tail lights for 45 minutes. The rain finally ended around Toledo and we managed to dry out a bit by home.

Check out the hocking hills. A great ride.

Larry

Hocking Hills is a great area to ride and hike. Just watch out for the local drivers coming around curves in the road when you are trying to pull out into traffic. They run the roads faster than you expect. Used to go down a couple times a year, but now its about every 3-4 yrs. Rented cabins, camped at the KOA and at Old Man's cave state campground. Its a good place for a extended weekend. If you came down 109 you were about 5 miles from my house. So when do you plan to go back for a longer stay?