IGNORED

Cluch lever/cable issues, have to wiggle to turn on

I have to adjust the cable until I hear the relay click, then I can start it. Sometimes it will even have issues immediately if it dies suddenly after starting. I have to go back and do it again.

I was having issues getting it started the other day. Not sure if I couldn't hear the click since the battery was low, maybe not enough voltage for the relay. Hoping that's the only issue. But I would like to ride it again. Planning on taking the trip down to Yellowstone before I move. Pretty much the whole reason I bought it, plus I only paid $1000.

The issue would be in a switch that is activated by the clutch lever, just follow the wire going to the back of the lever. The switch is held by being pushed in place, so you'll need a small screwdriver to push the keepers back to pull the switch out. Clean it, and you should be good to go. Watch out for the small spring that's in there.

First of all, you do not have a clutch cable as it is hydraulic. The usual problem is the spring that pushes the lever out has weakened. If you take the screw out that the lever pivots on, there is a rod that pushes the piston in. It will have a spring on it and you can usually stretch the spring some and put it back together. That will usually fix your problem.

RandyA

Tried this morning, started up initially, then just cranked and nothing.

Put some sea foam in, I have 4 cans sitting around. Won't need it in my Celica, just rebuilt the engine, and all my old junk is gone. Just have this.

Update: I let it sit and charge, and it seemed to start a little. Could the filter be clogged? And where is it located?

Edited by Lunchbox

Started right up this afternoon. Not sure why. Not sure if it will continually start up, or if this was a one-time thing. If I can't get it to start on the first shot, maybe I'll continue to have this issue. I'll update later.