IGNORED

Tire Sizes & Broken Trunk Lock Mount

I'm on the road in TX for work and need to replace my rear tire on 2001 2nd Gen RSV. Have Avon Venom on both front and rear now. The mechanic I talked to said both Dunlop and Avon are not showing front tires listed for the stock size. Just want to make sure I got my factys straight:

Avon Venom Front: AM41 150/80HB-16

Avon Venom Rear: AM42 150/90B-15

Dunlop E3 Front: 150/80-16

Dunlop E3 Rear: MV85B15

Also - the trunk lower locking mechanism mounts all broke on the way out here. These are the mounts that are part of the lower trunk molding. Don't think glue/pvc cement with be strong enough. Anyone else run into this happening? Only thing outside of a new lower trunk I can think of is to fabricate a brace coming from the lower trunk mount bolts.

Appreciate any help - MnM

Guest tx2sturgis
I'm on the road in TX for work and need to replace my rear tire on 2001 2nd Gen RSV. Have Avon Venom on both front and rear now. The mechanic I talked to said both Dunlop and Avon are not showing front tires listed for the stock size. Just want to make sure I got my factys straight:

Avon Venom Front: AM41 150/80HB-16

Avon Venom Rear: AM42 150/90B-15

Dunlop E3 Front: 150/80-16

Dunlop E3 Rear: MV85B15

Also - the trunk lower locking mechanism mounts all broke on the way out here. These are the mounts that are part of the lower trunk molding. Don't think glue/pvc cement with be strong enough. Anyone else run into this happening? Only thing outside of a new lower trunk I can think of is to fabricate a brace coming from the lower trunk mount bolts.

Appreciate any help - MnM

The dunlop E3 numbers are correct. I am including a pic of the info on my front E3. I have seen them on Motorcycle Superstore.com

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/28/395/16438/ITEM/Dunlop-Elite-3-Front-Tire.aspx?WT.ac=SLIsearch

I wonder if you had a lot of weight on the trunk, or a lot of bulky items inside the trunk, that stressed the trunk latch.

So what part of Texas? We have members all over this big state. One or two might be standing by for your call!

:happy34:

Your tire numbers look right to me - both companies make tires in stock sizes for the RSV.

Where are you in Texas? If it is North Texas, I can help you with both issues - even have a couple of tires sitting here. I guarantee that proper repair of whatever broken plastic you have will be every bit as strong as new. Either PM me with your phone number or look up my info in the Community Member List and give me a call. I am in the DFW area.

Goose

I repaired the lower locking mount last week. I use Plastic Welder. Mix it up, smear it on the broken edge and around the outside AND then pat in a strip of Fiberglass Cloth, after drying put on another coat of it. This method WORKS, it's holding my Farring together, side cover studs, trunk bottom, and trunk sides together. Picture shows the repair on the trunk.

I repaired the lower locking mount last week. I use Plastic Welder. Mix it up, smear it on the broken edge and around the outside AND then pat in a strip of Fiberglass Cloth, after drying put on another coat of it. This method WORKS, it's holding my Farring together, side cover studs, trunk bottom, and trunk sides together. Picture shows the repair on the trunk.

Thanks for the help - it is at elast worth a try :stirthepot: before having to go to more expensive measures. - MnM