IGNORED

What happened to the music?

Black Owl

While I am somewhat set in my ways when it comes to my preferences in music and singers (If it ain't Willie or Joan, well then it ain't s...), but I think I am eclectic enough to at least listen to other music so that I can somewhat talk about it intelligently.

However, I have been listening to alternative radio here recently, and it makes me wonder, "What happened to the music?"

Now maybe I just don't understand, or I'm to old to really appreciate someone screaming "Hey look.. I've got a band" 17 times in a row while accompanied by a four cord change rip. But..... is this really music. :bang head:

Heck, even a very young Bob Dillon (who, in my opinion was a genius lyricist, but should never have sung any of his songs) would be preferable to what they are trying to pass off as music today.

The music I listen too, today, is the same as I listened too many years back. Just turn the dial to the one you like.

PS but I couldn't agree more with you. Keep telling the kids, they will be here today and gone tomorrow, and in 20 years no one will remember them:rotf:

Brad

It's funny here in NE Kansas. If you don't like country, you really don't need a radio.....unless you like the News.

I spend a lot of time in High Schools where it would be a poor choice to speak poorly of Willie, Waylan, Merle, etc.

Being from Detroit, this amuses, and refreshes me.

Brad,

It's not that I can't find the music I prefer. But if someone wants to discuss the latest tune by the Scum Suckers (sic) or Po Baby, I would like to at least have some idea of what they are talking about.

russ.

music is a lost art, that is no longer necessary to make noise.

this noise, however, sells just as well as "doc watson", vince gill, roy clark, merle haggard, buck trent, chet atkins, or any other of the "master instrumentalists"

i guess, screaming and jumping up and down , replaces the need for methodical accompaniment.

we are all in the same boat!

just jt

Being from Detroit, this amuses, and refreshes me.

Man you gonna dis " Motown "

I agree that alot of this top 40 music sucks. What happen to Rock n Roll bands ? Now it seems all the kids like this hiphop crap.

As far as Willie goes he is a great song writer and has some great songs but some of his singing sounds like a winnie cow giving birth.lol

I Can listen everything but Hip-hop and Rap. that stuff make me sick. Alternative music have a good stuff, but sometime some trash-metal band is classified as alternative. That's remained me of my father, when i was teen and listen Zeppelin, Deep Purple and Pink Floyd, he couldn't understand that music either. :rotf::rotf::rotf:

There are two local radio stations I listen to...one is 60-80s Rock and Roll, and the other is Country. But most of the time I am listening to XM channels 5, 6, 7, 11, 12, and 13. There are a couple upper channels also that have 50s and 60s Rock.

What's really funny is my wife; she listens to Country almost exclusively. Every wednesday she goes line dancing. Last Sunday we went for a drive and I turned on XM in her car, and turned to the "Willie" station. I looked over at her and she had this look on her face. I said,"you don't like this music do you," and she said not really. She likes Country but the "now" Country. I'm just the opposite...I like the older Country EXCEPT for Porter Wagner.

Not much in the way of "music" has been made since the mid 80s, in my opinion!!

I like pretty much anything except RAP/HipHop. I grew up with parents who listened to Tammy Wynette, Bill Anderson, etc. I actually still like country music from time to time but my music as a teenager was Deep Purple, LEO, Pink Floyd, Three Dog Night, Marshall Tucker, Eagles, etc. but also really liked James Taylor, Carol King, many others. I still like classic rock, country, a lot of different artists. I also like Sade, Sarah Mclaughlin, many other newer artists.

If I could post the albums here from my Ipod, you would see a GREAT variety of music. Even some Louis Armstrong. :)

Heck I had a hard time watching the Countrt Music Awards. Most of the new (Music ) is crap. Thank God ,here in S Texas we have a number of classic country stations both AM & FM.

This must be a sign of getting old, I can remember my Dad saying the same things I see here. :)

Bill P

I guess what really happened is that

WE GREW OLD! I mean what happened to such great music hits by Cheech & Chong, or MeatLoaf's "Paradise by the DashBoard Lights", OMG - Iron Butterfly's "Inagoddaveda", or how about Steppenwolf's "Cocaine"?? Yea, I agree, the music world sure gone to pot since we all grew up! :whistling::guitarist 2::Im not listening to:rotfl::rotfl:

Steve:stirthepot:

I guess I am with Don on this one my mp3 has just about any type of music/artist imajineable some may not agree with the deffinition of artist or music, some new most older, from Buck Cherry to Hank SR. I even have a couple of Eminem (just two) but other than him no rap and really dont like it when the fat lady sings :Im not listening to. My son listens to pretty much the same with less country and some more thud grind.

You should check out Shooter Jennings and Hank 3.

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=ts2TjN6uatc]YouTube - Shooter Jennings - Walk Of Life[/ame]

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=zc7MraaUb8M]YouTube - 4th of july[/ame]

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=F6B-X6EEiHE]YouTube - HANK WILLIAMS III - Country Heroes[/ame]