IGNORED

Power Source

halfwitt

I think I have my shopping list done. I am adding OEM driving lights to my '07 RSV with this switch: http://www.autoswitch.com/index.php

I assume that since the lights are an OEM option, I should not have any issues with amp draw.

I am going to put two of these in my faring http://www.3brpowersports.com/PanelTAPP.htm

These will power a Garmin and an iPhone. I have a lighter adapter in the back that is rarely used but my wife uses it occassionaly to charge her phone.

First, I am thinking my Garmin and phones should be pretty low amp so there should be no alternator issues, correct? I could have Lights, Garmin and iPhone all powered at one time.

Second, can I just tap into the lines going into the existing lighter plug to power the two USB's or do I need to run the lines to another source?

Thanks for the help - I don't play with electric very often!

It is highly recommended you install a relay to control the running lites, it takes the extra load off your ignition switch, so you wont have a switch failure down the road. There are a bunch of articles on installing the relay on the site. I think there is also a write up in the 2nd gen tech.

:080402gudl_prv: Craig

....I have a lighter adapter in the back that is rarely used but my wife uses it occassionaly to charge her phone....

Are you saying you have it in the trunk or on the left side under the back of the drivers seat (mid-way above the passenger foot rest) ? There is a pop-out plastic plug there that is perfect for accessory power.

The lighter plug in the back is plugged into my battery tender plug. I have never noticed that plug before. Maybe I should use the plug you are referring to to power the lighter adapter in the back and use the battery tender plug to go forward for my USBs ??