IGNORED

It appears, I have in my possession

The slides & butterflies will be the main differences, aside from the main bodies.

If jetting is stock the MKI's will have 117.5 mains. MKII's had 125.

If they are an 83 set there will be a vacuum port above throttle plate on #2 carb.

Thread below has some info in it.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=57919

The carb rack will fit either MKI or MKII.

Gary

Thanks Dingy.

My dad the man who's got more knowledge doing this than I... his doing the job. Finding a lot of neat things, and differences. :) The semi new set (with a few broken things that also prevents us in simply plug in playing) have a slightly larger bore O.o, some of the hose connectors are bigger too.

Theres a few other things too, but can't remember. Makes me want something...

Like a complete setup of the differences between a CALI 1200 Carb, and Cali 1300 Carb, and a 49 State 1200 Carb, and a 49 State 1300 carb >.>

Theres a few other things too, but can't remember. Makes me want something...

Like a complete setup of the differences between a CALI 1200 Carb, and Cali 1300 Carb, and a 49 State 1200 Carb, and a 49 State 1300 carb >.>

Then here is what you seek grasshopper.

A pdf file of the parts in a 1990 Cali & non Cali carbs from the parts fiche.

Compare away.

Gary

Gary,

Have you heard, or do you have any experience with putting the larger MKII carbs on a 1200 motor? The reason I ask this is this, I spent almost $500 redoing the set that is on the '86 I have. I have an '83 in temple that I will be getting shortly, and would love to swap them out as this '86 is going to get parted out. Any insight on compatibility issues carb guru :)

Gary,

Have you heard, or do you have any experience with putting the larger MKII carbs on a 1200 motor? The reason I ask this is this, I spent almost $500 redoing the set that is on the '86 I have. I have an '83 in temple that I will be getting shortly, and would love to swap them out as this '86 is going to get parted out. Any insight on compatibility issues carb guru :)

The only issue I would see is the 83 bike, if it still has an 83 TCI, needs the port above the throttle plates on the #2 carb. If you try to hook an 83 TCI to an intake manifold vacuum source it will not run well.

Otherwise they should be no problems swapping them.

The latter carbs have a casting boss where the 83's had the vacuum nipple, so if you were inclined, you could probably drill & insert a nipple on he 86 rack.

The attached picture shows an MKII rack, above and to the left of the bowl drain screw on the left carb is the boss, coming out at about a 45 deg. angle.

Gary

The only issue I would see is the 83 bike, if it still has an 83 TCI, needs the port above the throttle plates on the #2 carb. If you try to hook an 83 TCI to an intake manifold vacuum source it will not run well.

Otherwise they should be no problems swapping them.

The latter carbs have a casting boss where the 83's had the vacuum nipple, so if you were inclined, you could probably drill & insert a nipple on he 86 rack.

The attached picture shows an MKII rack, above and to the left of the bowl drain screw on the left carb is the boss, coming out at about a 45 deg. angle.

Gary

Thank you very much Sir, I appreciate your expertise

:thumbsup2:

Well, she runs a LITTLE better with some of the parts swapped out onto my old carbs, wont know for sure till tomorrow, or rather today, I have yet to sleep. What sucks is the #4 Carb on both Carbs have the idle screw buggered. Beautiful.

Gary, you wouldn't happen to know what causes carb sliders to get rough on one side and smooth on the other? To me, the voices say somethings up with where the slides rests.

Well, she runs a LITTLE better with some of the parts swapped out onto my old carbs, wont know for sure till tomorrow, or rather today, I have yet to sleep. What sucks is the #4 Carb on both Carbs have the idle screw buggered. Beautiful.

Gary, you wouldn't happen to know what causes carb sliders to get rough on one side and smooth on the other? To me, the voices say somethings up with where the slides rests.

Not sure why the slides get rough on one spot.

Gary