IGNORED

Changing Rubber

calgaryrider

Got new tires for the krusing the Kootenays. Removed the wheels last night and took it all to shop to swap over. All was good, they took the tires right away $55 for both to mount and balance:cool10:. Picked them up just before closing and ran some errands, alls good. At 9:00 I've cleaned and greased the splines, mount the rear tire and start tighting everything up. Huh? Castle nut won't torque? Shoot! Lost the collar going between hub and brake caliper bracket! Searched all over garage floor, nope. Now I'm a little crazy, shops closed on Sundays :depressed: I can call them Monday but if they don't have it I'll have to order one. Going to bea little antsy till then, and hopefully can get one by Thursday. :fingers-crossed-emo. Next time I remember to check for lose parts before moving to far. Thanks just needed to rant.

Markus (calgaryrider) :shock3:

that sux, Markus. Did it stay stuck with the wheel somehow until they got it at the shop? Maybe it came off on the tire changer. I hope that you find it with a minimum of hassle. See ya on Friday!

Brian

Curious what your price on the front tire was?

Yeah I did that once too. Also on a weekend and the shop didn't open again until Tuesday.I was there bright and early( well maybe not too bright otherwise I wouldn't have had to be there at all) and sure enough there it was lying on the floor by the tire machine:cool10:. I hope you have the same luck:fingers-crossed-emo

If you were in the US, I would send you one from mine. I have my rear wheel off to get the bearing changed and won't be replacing it until after I get back from Alaska in 2 weeks.

If you think it can get there in time, shoot me a PM and I will mail it out Monday. If not, good luck.

I suspect you would be better off buying a new one to get it in time.

RR

that sux, Markus. Did it stay stuck with the wheel somehow until they got it at the shop? Maybe it came off on the tire changer. I hope that you find it with a minimum of hassle. See ya on Friday!

Brian

Curious what your price on the front tire was?

I hope its by the tire machine:fingers-crossed-emo

The tires I ordered from canada motorcycle, Both E2's. $198 front, $165 rear. Free shipping.

If you were in the US, I would send you one from mine. I have my rear wheel off to get the bearing changed and won't be replacing it until after I get back from Alaska in 2 weeks.

If you think it can get there in time, shoot me a PM and I will mail it out Monday. If not, good luck.

I suspect you would be better off buying a new one to get it in time.

RR[/quote

Thanks Red, worst part is I can't find out whats happening till Monday. :depressed: