IGNORED

coolest helmet

wrenchrob

So with this extremely hot weather we are having here I am in need of a new helmet. My current helmet does not have enough ventilation and my head is overheating trying to ride. Any suggeations on the coolest (temperature rated not appearence) helmet would be appreciated. I am looking for a 3/4 with a flip up clear screen. Thanks in advance for your suggestions. Rob

I have an Arai SZ Ram3 that I'm very happy with. It has 3 top vents and 2 on the side. The visor can be flipped up or completely removed. When the visor is removed, the visor brackets go back onto the helmet so the visor mechanism is hidden. Very nice. Very pricy as well.

http://www.araiamericas.com/default.aspx?pageid=57#/helmets/moto/xc-series/xc-ram/black-frost

I had a fulmer 3/4 with the shield on matt black and had never felt any heat here in La. The only down side I found is that they're extremely noisy in direct wind. I even filled the vents with hot glue to reduce the wind noice and it still wasnt hot. When I sold my ST1300 I let it go with the new owner. I tried a HJC 3/4 in glossy black and it was very hot...gave it away.

I just picked up a new Nolan N104. A really breezy modular. When sittin at light in 100+ degrees, this full face becomes an open face with the flip of a switch. Lots of vents and built in shades. This is the most comfortable helmet I've ever had with great interior air flow.