IGNORED

Anyone NOT like their risers??

Guest midtnrider

Guest midtnrider

Previous owner installed a set of Baron's Risers on the RSV. Not sure that I like them. Got a pretty good reach being 6'5". I feel that my arms are trapped and I cannot extend quite enough for my liking at low speeds. The flexing of the risers themselves are also a concern. Would like to get any feedback from those that have tried them and went back to the stock setup.

I did not like them with the stock bars. Felt a little cramped. I put on a Vstar set of bars that are a little wider and further to reach and really like this set up. I am only 5 11 so I can just imagine you would feel really cramped.

I use the risers and love them, but I'm 5' 10" vs. your 6' 4". Your additional reach would negate the positive effect I get from the risers bringing the grips into a more comfortable position for me. They are easy enough to remove, and if I were you that's what I would do.

Guest midtnrider
I did not like them with the stock bars. Felt a little cramped. I put on a Vstar set of bars that are a little wider and further to reach and really like this set up. I am only 5 11 so I can just imagine you would feel really cramped.

Interesting..I used to have a Vstar 1300 T- I have the bars in the barn. May I ask what Vstar bars you used?

Thanks

The flexing of the risers themselves are also a concern.

The risers are solid aluminum. There should be NO flex!!!

I would make sure the bolts are tight and not broken before I even left the driveway.

Guest midtnrider
The risers are solid aluminum. There should be NO flex!!!

I would make sure the bolts are tight and not broken before I even left the driveway.

All are within spec. it is more of an up and down flex. Slight, maybe just part of the shock absorber, bushings within the steering assembly? I am thinking it is more pronounced due to the riser ( or extension) geometry? However, thanks for pointing that out-I will be leaving town and will drop it off at the dealer just to make sure. I think I will go back to the stock set up anyway (also concerned about the lack of the fairing dampers) and see how that works out. I appreciate everyone's feedback...

Interesting..I used to have a Vstar 1300 T- I have the bars in the barn. May I ask what Vstar bars you used?

Thanks

mine I got from the motorcycle recyclers locally. He said they were off an 1100 but not sure what year. Everything went well replacing them except I had to relocate (drill) a new hole for the throttle mounting dowel. There is a small dowel that goes into the bars to help prevent the mount from rotating.

Previous owner installed a set of Baron's Risers on the RSV. Not sure that I like them. Got a pretty good reach being 6'5". I feel that my arms are trapped and I cannot extend quite enough for my liking at low speeds. The flexing of the risers themselves are also a concern. Would like to get any feedback from those that have tried them and went back to the stock setup.

I'm also 6'5" and love the risers..After I installed them I lost a few aches and pains that must have been due to reaching....I also added larger grips to accommodate my large hands..

You might want to try different positions on your handlebars....One other thing I did that made a hugh difference in comfort was getting a Russell Day Long Seat..It's about 4" higher than the stock seat and MUCH more comfortable..It was pricey but the best investment I've ever made..

colmike. You said the risers are easy to remove---do you mean it can be done without removing fairing? I found a set of alluminum risers (only 1" risers)off a Yamaha in bike yard ( not sure what model of bike they. Were off as owner was not there) and would like to try them to relieve my shoulder ache but wasn't sure what exactly was involved.Only thing I saw on site was doing it on RSTD which doesn't have a fairing.Any help would be appreciated!!!

Sleepy you will need longer bolts, if you have them u r all set, if not stop by ace and they will have some. Put a blanket over your tank, remove the buttons, bolts. Put the risers in, covers back on (note the top), tighten the top bolt. torque 10-20 ft lbs. You may need to reroute some cables, check the cables by turning full right and left. If it binds right you will have to reroute or get longer cables.