IGNORED

Superb Engineering......best I have ever seen!!

Guest KitCarson

Guest KitCarson

I can not believe this one......the fairing on my bike on the right hand side has always been a little out of kilter, does not mate up well I mean it is okay , but does tend to pull the windshield a bit and I had to work on my little chrome windshield strip with a heat gun.....thing is I have the fairing spit on my bike and the whole front end dis-assembled as I am building a custom light bar for the bike to fit the Baron light kit.......I noticed up at the top of the metal windshield T-bar.....that metal bar that secures the windshield , that on both end legs is a fastener designed to secure the end bar.....I looked at that....looked again.......boy this is cheep....cheap........cheeper......cheeper than dirt!! Has a little half moon mickey mouse plastic molded clip that this little rubber split washer is supposed to grip unto to hold the ends of the T-Bar. I have the T-bar fully fastened now.......afraid to tighten it much, that half moon plastic thing is so small.......and so cheep......now what kind of engineer would design something like that........think they work for Yamaha?

I can see it......look at it........still do not believe it.........I am really dis-appointed in this one........a trained monkey could design something better than that.......Gee!!!

I really don't know what you're talking about, but maybe it's for Safety Reasons?

I heard from Yammi, that they have to remove steel Bolts on the Windscreen of FJR's or similiar which someone(the Owner himself) mounted in exchange of the stock Plastics Nuts and Bolts during Service.

The sharp Edge of the Screen could hurt the Rider when crashing and so, the Bolts have to break a Lot earlier than the Screen.

On my bike both of those ends had craked and weren't pulling the outer faing in tight enough so my soluation was to use a piece of brazing rod and a couple of flat washers . Made the rod as omlg as needed to reach another screw on the inner panel. Then had the other washer under the last screw on the windshiled bracket. I did a write up with pics a while back. Not sure if it was lost during the sites last crash or not. I'll check. probably still had the pics and could do another write up if needed.

Larry

PS: Ok couldn't find my write up but I'll attach a couple of pics of the repair I did.

Guest KitCarson

Well not today.....but next day or so as the weather is going to get tough around here.....give me something to do.....I am going to cut a strip of Kydex material(used to form pistol holsters out of) and heat it up with a heat gun form fit it up against the little half moon section that has been so poorly designed and run it on down two inches, twist the material so it can be secured with PC7 epoxy to the main fairing.......then simply use a regular bolt and washer for spacer and forget about that rubber split ring thing.

Guess I will have to quit teasing the 1st gen guys......shut up....and go put a roll of gorilla tape in my own bike:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:This is a new bike and already the plastic is falling apart...........but better than that harley I had one time with a rear sprokett installed with these little tiny pop rivets.....could not believe that one either!! After about twice putting on a new sprokett, I simply drilled it out and put bolts in it.

Guest KitCarson
Just wait about 25 years!!
Naw.......no need to wait.......I had to go to Lowes today anyway, so I just bit the bullet and purchased a roll of gorilla tape, put it in my tool kit, I am ready!!!!:bighug: