IGNORED

Anyone use one of these?

Galapagos

I have had one for years and would be uncomfortable riding without it. One problem you may encounter is it may creep some, according to what type grips you have. I ended up using some of the old cloth electrical tape that is sticky on both sides and wrapping it around the grip under the rocker.

RandyA

:sign yeah that:Exactly!

The one I have came with a wide rubber band to put on the grip to give the rocker some grip. After some time the rubber band wore from the rocker slipping or being changed in its placement. I took a couple loops of friction tape over the rubber band and the rocker never slipped again.

Most the riders I know that had issues with the rockers were setting them way to high in my opinion. I'd have them set the paddle lower so it was only hitting the heel of the hand as you relaxed your grip and let your wrist relax a bit. Most the time I don't even notice mine until I drop my wrist a bit.

Mike

• 5 months later...

I love my Crampbuster. Can't imagine riding with out it. But the cruise control only works at 40 to 80 mph. Sometimes on slower rides I want to take my hand off the throttle. So I found this. http://www.2wheelride.com/throttle_pro.html

It is as cheap as the Crampbuster and really easy to use. And the best thing is, it doesn't lock. So it is easy to shut off.

At

My wrist is starting to give me trouble and I think it comes from using the throttle on the bike. This item seems to be the solution. Ever use one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CRAMP-BUSTER-Yamaha-VMax-VStar-V-Max-V-Star-650-1100-/230811191999?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3ARoyal+Star&hash=item35bd6b4abf&vxp=mtr

I'm glad you started this post because I was curious about getting one for my Burgman. It doesn't come with cruise control.

From what I've read this can work well.

I just bought a set of these Avon grips with the throttle boss built in. http://www.ebay.com/itm/AVON-Metric-Cruiser-Air-Cushion-Chrome-Grips-1-Bars-Throttle-Assist-/130810307000?hash=item1e74e6e1b8&item=130810307000&pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

I had a set of thses grips on the 05 RSV but not the throttle boss version. I missed having that after switching from a set of Kuryakyn grips with the boss .

Larry

Although this article is geared toward construction, http://www.finehomebuilding.com/how-to/articles/arm-hand-pain-on-job-site.aspx , I found it very helpful in understanding why I was getting pain in my hands. When riding I usually have the cruise engaged and my right hand in a relaxed position. It is my left hand that will sometimes give me fits, especially if I wear a glove. The hand will go numb like it has fallen asleep. After reading the article I now try to find a neutral position for my hand when I feel those symptoms coming on. I should also do the stretching exercises recommended, but nah to lazy!!

If you visit the above site, make sure to check out the "Wrist anatomy" The picture and description is worth it!

Cramp Busters (2 each) soon to be in my Christmas Stocking!

Thanks!!

I'm at a loss as to how the throttles are sticking open. THe cramp buster I use (can't remember brand) is a piece of plastic that will rotate up to get the right angle set and holds when resting my palm on it. A simple piece of plastic, that cost 9.95. But if I let go, the throttle returns. I use it on my Suzuki GS 1100. The 36 MM flat slides are a bear to hold open otherwise.

I had a Throttle Rocker on my Vstar 1100. Then put on a set of Kuryakyn ISO-Grips. I purchased an aftermarket wrist pad much larger than Kuryakyn that fastens on the end between end cap and grip. It was very similar in shape and size to Throttle Rocker. When I bought my 04 MNV, which already had the ISO grips, I transferred the wrist pad to it. Love both and wouldn't be without one. As stated earlier, can relax your hand when CC is not an option. You do need to have it set right, and be careful when stopping as it can cause you to accelerate, if not paying attention. But as stated earlier, I wouldn't be without one!