IGNORED

Venture Story

clav_guy

A long time ago a former member named Pyro told me about a book/story about some guy... I think his name was Patches I am not sure. It tells of his history working his way up to his favorite Venture and riding it across the country.

Does anyone know the name of this story and where I can find it?

Thanks in advance

CG:fingers-crossed-emo

A long time ago a former member named Pyro told me about a book/story about some guy... I think his name was Patches I am not sure. It tells of his history working his way up to his favorite Venture and riding it across the country.

Does anyone know the name of this story and where I can find it?

Thanks in advance

CG:fingers-crossed-emo

Patches?? I think Ricky said she went skinny-dipping...... :whistling: Old enough to remember that? One of my favorite songs.

Sorry I couldn't resist that one. I heard something of that story a few yrs ago....:think:

• 3 weeks later...

I *think* I read one of his stories where he spoke to an old gf in Houston and decided to go see her. He was going to ride from LA (I think?) to Houston but stop halfway at a campground for a few hours sleep. He got to the campground too late and the gate was locked so he pulled off onto a dirt road to consider his next move. He was so tired that he woke up the next morning still straddling the bike with the kickstand up. He finally gets to Houston and knocks on her apt door... and she isn't there! She stood him up! :bang head: Great story and a LOT more to it.

I thought it kinda humorous that at one point in the article he called it a "V-Twin".

I noticed that right off and it's in the 6 or 7th para...

"It was a very large motorcycle but with the v-twin engine, the bike was very narrow in the midsection."