IGNORED

just ordered new

Pirelli - MT66 Route Cruiser rear tire.... I hope I didn't make a mistake....:confused24: a friend on another board highly recommended the tire...if I can get 2/3 of the wear I did out of the Elite 3 I will be happy :fingers-crossed-emo it was $52.00 cheaper so this means I can buy the tire, have it mounted for what I would have given 4 the E3...

I ran them on my Kawai 900. I got 14K + out of it. I dont know how it will do on a heavier bike but drop a note back. I am researching the Shinko Tourmaster 230 myself. I had one of these on the front last time I changed them on the 900 but I traded the bike with only like 3K on them. But it looked fine.

If its rated 74H like the OE rear tire, religiously check and keep the cold tire pressure at 41PSI , or the max pressure allowable as indicated on the sidewall of the tire if its higher than that.

Also Keep at least 25psi inthe rear shock and more 40-45psi if loaded or two up.

V7Goose has a tire thread that includes a write up and the miles he got out of several brands of tires including the Route 66.

RSTDdog

Pirelli - MT66 Route Cruiser rear tire.... I hope I didn't make a mistake....:confused24: a friend on another board highly recommended the tire...if I can get 2/3 of the wear I did out of the Elite 3 I will be happy :fingers-crossed-emo it was $52.00 cheaper so this means I can buy the tire, have it mounted for what I would have given 4 the E3...

We had one on the rear of our RSV for a short while. I don't recall the exact mileage, but it was less than 6K. The tire handled very well, just didn't last. Almost all the mileage on that tire was two-up and fully loaded with a fair bit of gravel riding too.

Hope you get the mileage you're looking for!:080402gudl_prv:

We had one on the rear of our RSV for a short while. I don't recall the exact mileage, but it was less than 6K. The tire handled very well, just didn't last. Almost all the mileage on that tire was two-up and fully loaded with a fair bit of gravel riding too.

Hope you get the mileage you're looking for!:080402gudl_prv:

IF i can get 6k out of it I will be ok...that would be about 2/3 of the miles I got out of the E3 and about 1/3 less than the E3...

IF i can get 6k out of it I will be ok...that would be about 2/3 of the miles I got out of the E3 and about 1/3 less than the E3...

If your not getting 14000 to 16000 on a rear E3, something is wrong.

I ride aggressively and 2up most of the time.

Still trying to make sense of your statement in quotes. :confused24:

I have yet to get 14,000 out of any rear tire on our RSV. The original Michelin Commander came close but didn't break 14K. We get about 12K out of the E3's...

well i've got about 10k on my E3 BUT it was on the bike when i got it... the bike had 11k miles on it, I have no IDEA how long the E3 was on the bike or actual miles... I'm just saying if i can get 6k out of the tire i ordered then I will be ok ...

E3 mounted & balanced would cost me $213

MT66 mounted & balanced would cost me $151, so I'm saying that the difference in the cost vs mileage it would be close...I think that is what i'm saying lol :confused24: