IGNORED

New 07 RSV

newman

Hi Everyone,

Just bought a new 07 RSV and will take delivery in April.

A question I have is with the Helmet Headsets.

We wear open face helmets and I am looking for a good/excellent

quality set. Also need to know what pin set it is? 8 Pin?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul, I have gone thru Chatterbox headsets at 1 per year. It seams they last as long as their warranty. The connection between the top cord and the helmet connector gives out.

Recently spent the extra money and got the J&M set (about $225). Audio quality is much improved, but that would be expected vs. the Chatterbox @ $100. Haven't had the the J&M long enough to evaluate quality. I can just say that I will never purchase another Chatterbox.

Jeff

I've owned J&M and now Airriders for about 3 years. The Airriders are ok but not any better than the J&M and in my opinion, have a weakness in the design where the microphone is molded into the left speaker. Mine broke and I ended up doing a homemade repair on it. I think that I would go back to J&M next time.

Take a look at http://www.sierra-mc.com They have a good selection and are great to deal with.

Don

Hi Paul,

Welcome to the site and congrats on the new bike. I've been using J&M headsets and have been happy with them. I do get a little noise coming from the back seat once in a while but probably not a head set issue. :rotf:

I see you're almost a neighbour of Charlie the fisherman. Make sure you hook up with him next spring so he doesn't get too cranky.