IGNORED

LA TO THE WALL sighting

MidlifeVenture

http://www.rftw.org/index.asp?lg=1&w=pages&r=132&pid=120 Any one from here involved in this? Happened appon them at there first Hotel as I'm in Ontario, CA on busieness there was one lone RSV in the lot of Harley's and a few wings. Then the next mornining saw a couple groups and trailers on the way out of town. Pretty touching to see them all seemed like a great group of people but I never found the owner of the RSV.

:thumbsup: AND SAFE TRAVELS

I have participated last few years for a couple of days with the Southern Route. Unfortunately I can not afford to take off the 3 weeks it would require for me to do the 10 day trip from CA to DC. I meet up with the group in Terrell TX on Sunday the weekend before Memorial weekend and usually ride a couple of days thru Louisiana and Mississippi.

This is a site to see, anywhere from 300 to 700 motorcycles going down the highway in formation. People line the highways and overpasses waving flags and showing support for the groups making their journey to the Nations Capital. If you think Patriotism is dead in the US then you should try catch up with one of the groups to watch them go by or at one of the stops. There is a Central and Southern Route and you must register to ride with them. I promise you will not be disapointed.

You can visit http://www.rftw.org/ and select one of the 2 routes and then the 2012 Itenerary. This is the complete 10 day schedule showing routes, stops and times of the trip

WOW.... what an experience for my first mission. Standing on a flag line for the first time. I was warmly welcomed and after a while of being referred as the FNG, we welcomed the Run For The Wall group. :usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa:

I dedicated this Mission to our friend, Sgt Brian Walker, MP Airborne, who was killed last Sunday in an IED attack. This mission will always be a good memory for me.

:325:

I have been planning to make the RTTW trip for the last two years, but things have just not worked out. I do have several friends making the ride. They will be working the M25 hydration trailer. Churches across the US have been sponsoring the hydration trailer for RTTW, for several years now.

Please know we appreciate all who assist our veterans and in honor of all (Prisoners of War) and MIA (Missing In Action) from all wars.

Earl

:thumbsup2:

I will be leaving on Wed 5/23 for our trek to DC. We are stopping in NYC at the Ground Zero Memorial on Wednesday afternoon, then heading the rest of the way to DC on Thursday. I have the honor of riding with my dad, a Vietnam Vet, and several members of the American Legion Riders out of Whitman, MA.

This has become an annual pilgrimage for most of our family as we've been represented in some capacity at the last 8 Rolling Thunders. Last year my 8 year old rode with me. This year my older son (he's 10) will be making the trip. I know that these are memories with their Papa that will last their whole lives!