IGNORED

I love Saturdays...

Owen

On Monday, its off to work. I'm at the office early. A quick cup and coffee and begin to focus on the work week. I'm getting the week's tasks prioritized and make a quick run through the emails. Here's a message from one of my riding buddies bragging about a new 'hole in the wall' eating place. I will have to put that one on my 'short list'.

On Tuesday, I’m knee deep in a busy week. Service calls are made, meetings are attended. Service reports, equipment evaluations – the business gears are in full grind. Still, if only for a short break, I think about riding. I wonder if Steve and Bob are enjoying their commuting ride each morning.

By Wednesday, I’m in full swing. Things at work are flowing quickly - equipment breaks, equipment repaired. Plans are executed. Challenges come and are met – these are handled by experience and expertise. At lunch, I surf the net some for my passion. But by now, I’m checking the weekend weather. Looks nice – should be good for a ride. If I don't hear from one of my buddies, I send a quick email. “How about a ride Saturday?” I'll wait for a response.

Thursday comes, and I start getting excited about the upcoming weekend. 2 more days until the fun begins. Perhaps I will hear from a riding buddy. Maybe I’ll be riding alone. Either way, I’m going. During a break, I’m scanning around Google Maps, looking for new roads – thinking about what might interest me. I don't want a lot of traffic. If I want to leave early, heading west or north to keep the morning sun out of my eyes. Hmmm – I bet the spring wild flowers will be in bloom. Or maybe the river water level will be up at that state park up north. So many choices, so little time.

IT’S FRIDAY!! By this afternoon, I’m going to take care of the last service calls for the week. The company can have me today. But tomorrow is mine. Just me and the road. I close my eyes for a second. I can smell the country. I can breath clearly – hear the sounds. I can hear the roar of my bike. I can see the curves in the road. I can feel the forces on my body as I ride. I can't wait until tomorrow!

Saturday is ride day. I will get up early, have a cup of coffee and leave as soon as the sun rises. Maybe I’ll ride over and meet a buddy somewhere before we head out for an adventure. Maybe I’ll be venturing out on my own. Maybe I know where I’m going. Maybe I have no idea. Perhaps I’ll turn a corner and stumble upon that perfect country road. The one that steps you back in time 60 years as you pass the old farms with wind mills and run down barns. Maybe I’ll find that twisty road on the map that looked so interesting. Maybe I’ll find a 100 foot white pine, with its massive branches that reflects life lesson about bending without breaking. Maybe I’ll visit the coast line – watch the birds foraging for lunch. Maybe I’ll stop somewhere and meet someone new. We will chat for a while about riding. Maybe I’ll find that farmers field, where the sun and shadows provide that perfect photo. Maybe I’ll ride that same old road – the one which I have memorized every curve. I can ride that road as a master, safely pushing my machine back and forth and loving her power and smoothness. Maybe I’ll go 600 miles, or maybe just 60. Maybe I’ll do all of these, or none of these. But this much I know – wherever I go, I will find adventure, and I will have a blast. And when I return, the world will seem right again. I’ll have a feeling of peace. I’ll be ready for whatever comes next.

What comes next is Sunday. On Sunday, I wake up early to read the paper and drink some coffee. Later that morning, I’ll cook Sunday lunch for my wife. We share several meals together during the week. While I cook, I’ll day dream about yesterday. What a day that was. Yesterday was a play day. I got to ride my bike. We had an adventure together. We left the house excited and returned home relieved of any stress. Yesterday was a blast.

I love Saturdays... :biker:

I love Saturdays too Owen. What happened to your riding buddies?

I really enjoyed this thread. This is exactly what I always say to Ron, riding is like a release of all the hum drum in your mind from the stresses of life. Riding gives you a rebirth for the next week to deal with the same old stuff.

Thank goodness we have Saturdays, bikes and new roads to discover. Oh and you have a real gift for writing, I enjoyed it.

Ride safe and enjoy each mile of your rides Owen!

Yama Mama

Even the hum-drum is better when you can acomplish it on a bike.

I had to ride into the city yesterday, pick up the rent from the tenants and deposit into the bank.

About 30 min ride, then another 10 or so to the bank, then home.

Same road I take most times.

Same old, same old.

It was GREAT!

I'm retired, every day is Saturday. :cool10: Keep going and one day you too will be retired.

What I enjoy is when some one bugs me about being old and I ask them what day of the week it is. When they reply I say " For you maybe, for me it is Saturday":rotf:

I'm retired, every day is Saturday. :cool10: Keep going and one day you too will be retired.

What I enjoy is when some one bugs me about being old and I ask them what day of the week it is. When they reply I say " For you maybe, for me it is Saturday":rotf:

I'm retired as well. We have been very busy with house renovations for the past 6 months tho. Despite all the mundane house stuff Donna and I still manage to ride the scoot, enjoy lunch stops together, and generally really enjoy being together in all ways. We make time for ourselves....and.... I wear a watch only to remind me of lunch time....:whistling:

Boomer....who sez ya don't have to be rich to enjoy retirement...Just be with the one you love and surround yerself with solid friends.:cool10:

P.S. Hang in dere Owen cuz retirement will come soon enuff for you my friend!!

Yeah I got tricked with that retirement Crap!!! I didn't know what work was. You want to watch your conversations with your other half thru the years. You remember all those times you said "one of these days I might get time to do that for you"

THEY DO NOT FORGET!!:crying::crying::crying:

I can't wait for those every day is saturday days. Need a little repair work on the old body and once that is all overhauled every day will be saturday....Probobly with the odd tuesday thrown in. Either way can't wait

Owen, i think you described a lot of folks weeks.

I know you described mine as though you had me under surveillance.

The only difference is, sometime thursday evening my wife would ask,

"are we riding this weekend."

thanks.

:sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::biker: