IGNORED

Question about 1st Gen.

DragonRider

Just wondering if anyone here has painted all their side covers on the motor when the redid their bike or engine repair. I have seen some painted various colors but I am talking flat black here. If you have, and took pictures of them I would love to see them, I have painted mine with high heat matt black, havent put them back on yet, but I am debating on whether to leave them flat black or go with some clear coat over them to give them a little shine and help protect the paint better.

I was thinking about painting mine a bright yellow on the plastic and everything else black.

I never even thought about the engine, That would look good to be black also.

Dang more work to do.

As far as the clear coat goes, yes I would use a clear coat, there are flat and semigloss clear coats available for things like the ford mustang that has that flat black panel down the center of the hood.

I used a flat automotive clear coat to refinish a wood gun stock, it looks great and is very durable.

A couple of years ago I got tired of the streaked and stained engine side covers. Since I was changing out the stator, I went ahead and used scotchbrite pads to clean up the corrosion. I found some sliver spray paint (rustoleum) and sprayed them. Next I used a small paint brush and red paint to outline the writing on the covers. It still looks clean and even colored. I should have went ahead and painted the cylinders, but as always I had other things to accomplish and wanted to get back riding.

The picures are in my album under painted sidecovers.picture.php?albumid=1045&pictureid=6556

picture.php?albumid=1045&pictureid=6557

I just finished painting mine black,they look good sitting there. Wont be putting them back on till the engine is in the frame, I will take some pictures of them tomorrow after they are good and dry.

I have to say, I didnt think about going silver at all, it looks very good even though the engine is still original color as mine will be, original but much cleaner, cant believe how much oil and grease that all that plastic hid.

A couple of years ago I got tired of the streaked and stained engine side covers. Since I was changing out the stator, I went ahead and used scotchbrite pads to clean up the corrosion. I found some sliver spray paint (rustoleum) and sprayed them. Next I used a small paint brush and red paint to outline the writing on the covers. It still looks clean and even colored. I should have went ahead and painted the cylinders, but as always I had other things to accomplish and wanted to get back riding.

The picures are in my album under painted sidecovers.picture.php?albumid=1045&pictureid=6556

picture.php?albumid=1045&pictureid=6557