IGNORED

Saved $190. using Seafoam

T.J.

I was going to buy a new Weed Whacker but decided to work on the old one. It wouldn't run except with full choke. I drained the fuel and just put in Seafoam and cranked it a few times and let it sit for 24 hours. Drained the Seafoam put in fresh gas and it started up and ran just like it was suppose to. It even idled and didn't stall until I shut it off.

Great stuff that Seafoam. :banana:

TJ thats alomst the same problem I have with mine. I have been thinking about running some sea foam thru it. I have to run it maybe 15 min with choke almost full on to run at all, and dont even think about changing throttle position.

FOR THE BIKE

Real Strong Sea-Foam. A whole can to less than 1/4 tank of gas. You need to pick a couple days where it will not be ridden. With less than 1/4 tank add full can of Sea-Foam. Start and run til you are sure it is all thru system. Helps to drain the carbs before you add Sea-Foam. Try to leave sit a couple days and start several times before you ride it like you stole it to fill it up.

Edited by Yammer Dan

I have read where some folks put the Seafoam in the gas tank just prior to an oil change and then I have read where some folks put it in the crankcase just prior to an oil change. What are your thoughts on this? Napa just had a sale on Seafoam, might still be going, if you need some. It was less than $7 bucks a can.

I'm about ready for an oil change, so I'm just wondering what folks recommend as far as Seafoam use is concerned.

thanks!

BigDawg

I have read where some folks put the Seafoam in the gas tank just prior to an oil change and then I have read where some folks put it in the crankcase just prior to an oil change. What are your thoughts on this? Napa just had a sale on Seafoam, might still be going, if you need some. It was less than $7 bucks a can.

I'm about ready for an oil change, so I'm just wondering what folks recommend as far as Seafoam use is concerned.

thanks!

BigDawg

The sale goes till the 30th of this month @ $6.40 a can.

As far as putting in your oil before oil change. I have done this in the past and only ran it for 20 miles before changing. The reason is that it will clog the filter with all the cleaning it does and then the oil bypasses the filter and will do more harm than good.

TJ thats alomst the same problem I have with mine. I have been thinking about running some sea foam thru it. I have to run it maybe 15 min with choke almost full on to run at all, and dont even think about changing throttle position.

I had Seafoam mixed in with the gas and oil but still had to run it with the choke as you. That's when I decided to drain it and just use Seafoam and let it sit. I did install a new plug after I got the carb cleaned out.

T.J. from THE Great Lake State,

How much would you put in the crankcase prior to the oil change? Just so I'm sure, I'm talking about the RSV, not a weed wacker! Where abouts in MI are you? I grew up in Vernon, joined the Corps and been gone pretty much 35 years or more. Go back just about every year for a visit.

Thanks for any help.

BigDawg

T.J. from THE Great Lake State,

How much would you put in the crankcase prior to the oil change? Just so I'm sure, I'm talking about the RSV, not a weed wacker! Where abouts in MI are you? I grew up in Vernon, joined the Corps and been gone pretty much 35 years or more. Go back just about every year for a visit.

Thanks for any help.

BigDawg

I put in half a can in motorcycle and I put a full can in my truck.

I grew up in Pontiac MI. and went into the Air Force in 1967 -1971. Bought a place in Lake Orion and been here ever sence.

Don't actually run this stuff through a 2 cycle though, you'll burn up a 2 cycle in short order. Fill it up with proper mis without sea foam after the soak and you might find happiness,

-JK

Educate me. What will burn up the motor? Seafoam says on the can to use in small (2-cycle or 4-cycle) engines and then tells what it does for the engine. All positive.

I have used it in my outboard motor and chain saws for years. In fact the local outboard motor repair shop in my area uses it to run the engines before sending them back to the owner.