need a little help on finding where this hose goes. i thought it would be simple do to the fact the hose is short i would just hold it in everywhere the hose would fit and find it, not so. i hope its not just a vent hose. i looked in the manual but after my eyes started crossing i thought I'd go to the pros, thanks. hope the pic is good enough. o, my bad, its the hose just above the oil sight glass. its hooked to a nipple coming out of the bottom of the casing.

hey Tom,what about the hoses????:rotf::rotf::stirthepot::no-no-no:

It is proven fact that the shorter things are the less they bend. Hence, hang down can never occur with short hoses. This hose is definately long enough to hang, on both bikes.

I also tell all my baseball team members that those with short bats need to stand closer to home plate. Then I send them in to clean the bathrooms.

Now how is that answer that skirts the issue?

That hose goes from the water pump weep hole to drain any coolant that comes out of the hole onto the ground.

Back in 97 when I bought my RSTD, the day I picked it up I saw a dribble of coolant out of that hole. At that time, there was no hose fitted to it. Coolant just dribbled down the side of the motor. Thinking that the dribble of coolant indicated a failing water pump, I insisted that the dealer R&R the pump before I took the bike. Well, the new pump also dribbled. And it dribbled coolant every day for five years and 75k miles before I sold the bike. It must be a characteristic of the pump.

So I think Yam put the hose on there so the coolant can't be easily seen and worried about.