IGNORED

Delivered today.

Guest Zak202

Guest Zak202

Got my new Utopia backrest in the mail today :cool10:. Can't wait to install it. Hopefully I can get to it Wednesday night.

For those of you who have already installed one, any tricks you want to share with me, or is it as simple as the pictures show?

I did have to drill out one of my mounting holes as mentioned in the instructions. Still only took about ten minutes . Congratulations. Im sure you will enjoy yours like I enjoy mine.

Sent from my DROIDX

Edited by TDunc

Easy to install. Some folks have mentioned putting a piece of wood between the fender and the hole that you have to drill out just as a safety precaution.

:sign yeah that::sign yeah that: I did have to go up to the 5/16 hole to get it to fit just watch your wiring on rear fender so you don't pinch it.

Mine was installed when I got the bike. I like it as it gives some support for lower back. I loved the one on my Vulcan 900. It may take you some time to get it adjusted just right. I might suggest a "lock nut" on the screw that limits front to rear travel. For me I have the backrest adjusted forward, well I guess the screw would work its way back because it would get uncomfortable thru the day. So I put a nut on it and snugged it up, now it stays.