I was looking at the front of my 2006 RSTD next to my 2009 Liner. The liner light looks SOOOO much better.

Is there an aftermarket headlight assembly replacement for the RSTD? Any pictures of bikes with this done?

Also looking for passing lights to match them. I was looking at the Yamaha lights and bar, but heard about power draw on the light bar as well as all the other options. Whatever headlamp I decide on, I'm going to get some passing lights that compliment it.

Aesthetics first, but I don't want to reduce the amount of light. I'm adding the extra passing lights for additional light. So, I will want these to match.

I looked on Cruiser customizer and there are several after market headlight assemblies that shown. But I'd like to see a few front ends with light replacements before I go to the trouble of upgrading.

I had an old Honda VT1100 and put a VTX headlight on it. Made a huge difference in the amount of light AND it made the bike look much better.

I was comparing the liner and RSTD front ends and the Liner is the hands down favorite.

I was comparing the liner and RSTD front ends and the Liner is the hands down favorite
Really? Do you have non-Yamaha photos, because the front end Yamaha is showing for the Stratoliner S is funky. The profile seems to bulge out, and the overall effect is like a droplet cut in half. The front end without the lowers looks odd to my eye, as well, like they forgot to assemble the whole bike. I can't imagine what that would look like with passing lamps. Maybe I'd put some SCMR16 self-cointained HIDs on the handle bars, because the bike looks to like being naked.

Just proves there are bikes for every taste. I like my muscular Roxie with her lowers and olde-fashioned bucket and passing lamps. Like a police bike, with lots of presence and reserved power. *shrug*

Dave

album.php?albumid=1022&pictureid=6403

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/album.php?albumid=1022&pictureid=6403

I dont' have the front shot that I was looking at the other day. But I think a more modern headlight up front would make the RSTD look nice. Plus it needs more light at night.

The tear drop is interesting, for sure.

I have the stock headlamp, currently running a PIAA bulb. I also have the stock passing lamps, currently with 35W Hella H3 bulbs. I replaced my 55W Hella H3 bulbs on the weekend, as they were too thirsty for my charging system. No matter, the 35W Hellas make it look like I have three very bright headlights. Very. Bright.

If you are truly worried about light, look at the tail end. That single taillight is a hazard, as far as I am concerned. I added the Electrical Connection LED tail light conversion kit as well as the Custom Dynamics Genesis 100 LED tail light. I might swap out my rear turns signals for something even brighter.

I do a lot of riding at night. Safety first!

Dave

Thanks Dave, I AM concerned about my rear end too. I put LED lights under the bags that shine down on the pipes. It lights up the pipes AND the ground around. It made the back end a LOT more noticeable. I'll see if I can take a picture of it sometime.

Thanks for the tips on the lights. Here is another location where you can see the RSTD lights vs the 1300 lights

http://www.starmotorcycles.com/star/accessories/acscitemdetail/5/433/1812/11878/all/1/2557/0/detail.aspx

Wondering if the 1300 lights would work on an RSTD....they look a little more current.

I have the optional Tri-Bar headlight and Tri-Bar passing lamps from Yamaha. Just rode West Texas Mountains with alot of night traveling. Plenty of light with this setup.

I have Dave in this post to thank for this setup as when I met him he noticed that we had different lamps in our Yamaha passing lights and so I did some research and found that the tri-bars were Yamaha and they made a headlight to match. $100 later, All of my lights matched!

I have the optional Tri-Bar headlight and Tri-Bar passing lamps from Yamaha. Just rode West Texas Mountains with alot of night traveling. Plenty of light with this setup.

I have Dave in this post to thank for this setup as when I met him he noticed that we had different lamps in our Yamaha passing lights and so I did some research and found that the tri-bars were Yamaha and they made a headlight to match. $100 later, All of my lights matched!

Post of picture of the front of your bike if you can. I'd like to see the setup. These are the stock lights I found on the yamaha website in the URL above:

Halogen Passing Lamps. Fits all V Stars, all Road Star Standard/Silverado and Royal Star Standard/Tour Classic/Tour Deluxe (with use of mounts)

STR-4NK35-10-01 $118.95

Passing Lamp Mounts Fits '05~'09 Royal Star Tour Deluxe

STR-1D635-40-00 $150.95

is this what you have?

Thanks Dave, I AM concerned about my rear end too. I put LED lights under the bags that shine down on the pipes. It lights up the pipes AND the ground around. It made the back end a LOT more noticeable. I'll see if I can take a picture of it sometime

Speaking of LEDs... here is my Roxie. Usually I let it "breathe" in green or yellow when I am running at night. No use being too fancy.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3XGhGjYQNE]Fusion lights on Roxie - YouTube[/ame]

I have the "S" (shiny) model and my LEDs really light up the engine! I'll take a picture of those one of these days in post. Blue bike with Blue LEDs.

I like them cuz they look cool. But, really, they are for safety. They REALLY light me up from the side and back (and front actually) at night. I highly recommend LEDs for this reason.

My Royal Star has lights on the dual exhaust that make it extra visible from the rear.