IGNORED

Hot deal at Cycle Gear

For those looking for a link. TADA

http://www.cyclegear.com/_static/webupload/731/2_web1009010_NA_3.jpg

Doing a little research now on the kit. Weather folks liked it, if its a good one or not. Also there seems to be the question of bi-xenon or not. I guess some are not true HID as the low beam is still halogen. I have read on this fourm if running HID's you have to have a switch wired in or the light my not start. Something to do with the voltage draw on start up faking the light out that there aint enough juice to run it or something like that. Dont forget if you retired military or active duty Cycle Gear allows you a 10% dicount.

OK a little searching e-bay and found a deal for under $30 for a kit with 2. So tou and a buddy could go in half and come out pretty well. Anybody know what the difference would be between a 35w HID and a 55W one? If the HID is already like 60% more light @ 35W would the 55 be over kill?

Edited by djh3

Pardon my stupidity but could I get a ticket for this light?

Sent from my DROIDX

Well, if your laws work like ours (and they usually do!) in theory they could ticket you for using non-approved lights. But...they would have to check the light to see where it says "Off Road Use Only" (If it's visible after being installed or the officer happens to be an expert on vehicle lights). If it's not adjusted to blind oncoming vehicles, there's no reason why they should stop you, for that at least ... but, as I said before, they can ticket you but only if they can prove the light is illegal.

Hope this helps.

Oh...and the only stupid questions are those that are not asked!

Andy

I currently run a Wagner BP1210 I think it is. 80w100 bulb, it also said "off road use". It is quite a bit brighter than the stock ones. My theroy is if thats all they got to do is hassel me about a stinking light bulb... well must be a slow day in smallsville. For the most part unless you do something to draw attention to you like driving like an idiot, cutting around people crazy like maybe really loud exhaust, I haven had the law bother me about silly stuff.

Well if there's anything weak on the Venture, it is the lighting. The headlight is real weak. Things I loved about my 03 Goldwing, headlight was at the top of the list.

Nowadays, though, I don't ride that much at night. Hardly ever.

Hi.

I have just fitted a supposed UK legal Halogen dip and HID full beam. Has to be this way for motorcycles but dont ask me why. Driving at night on full beam is TERRIFIC just like a well lit moonlit night as it has a bluish tint. I suppose on unlit country roads I can go 10mph faster than on a normal bulb.

Only down side is that at dusk you dont feel your lights are working until it gets to a certain light level.

The Halogen is well......... ok.

Just my thoughts.

Neil.

Old Miner.:backinmyday: