IGNORED

Stock seat vs Corbin

bill in mn

I was on the local CL and posted was a Corbin seat with backrest off a 85 venture! Well I have an 85 venture and have been on the fence about getting a utopia back rest and this deal was about $70.00 more than just the rest. Long story short I contacted him by email and left my number and while I was a church yesterday he called and left his # called back "Just sold it" :( It was even the right color for my bike. I find the stock seat very comfortable and just want a backrest . In all reality I don't go all that far (yet) and I have a Corbin on my V65 Magna with a sliding backrest that seat was bad to start with. So do the Utopia rest work well ? Can the passenger get on easily . I'm thinking I can live with the stock seat and the color is a perfect match or should I keep hunting for a Corbin? A new Cobin is roughly half of what my bike cost.thanks

I put a utopia backrest on my 84 with the two tone brown seat. The Utopia came as an almost perfect match. Love it. Makes the longer rides so much more comfortable. My Navigator as no trouble getting on and off. Neither do I. The backrest folds forward so you can swing your leg over it.

The main reason I went this way was because the venture line units have a support bar that goes around the seat and it bothered my wifes legs. The Utopia goes Through the seat so has no bar.

The hardest part was getting over having to put a hole in the seat to accommodate the support post for the backrest.

Follow the instructions that come with it and it is not a difficult install.

Corbin seats have a mixed reception, but they do look nice :)

They also cost more than the equivalent Russell.

If your stock seat is fine, why change it? I would go for the Utopia at $200 ish, rather than the major expense of a new seat that you don't seem to need.