IGNORED

St Patrick's Day Parade, Fox Lake, WI

Scooter Bob

That time of year again. The Parade is coming up this Sunday, March 18, 2012

Everyone's :welcome:

It's the unofficial start of riding season in Dodge County, WI. Our ABATE region has had an entry in this parade for better than 25 years. We've had as many as 80 bikes on the warmer years.

Line up is on Crocker St, about 3 blocks south of downtown, off highway 33.

Parade starts at 1, downtown party afterwards. If anyone here wants to join us, and would like more details, let me know.

From the looks of the weather forecast:sun:, I think there will be waayy more than the 1 bike that was in it last year at 35 degrees and pouring rain.:bang head:

Later, Scooter Bob and Karen

P.S. Our 05 midnite will be there with an 8 foot flag pole on the hitch.

It's the unofficial start of riding season in Dodge County, WI. Our ABATE region has had an entry in this parade for better than 25 years. We've had as many as 80 bikes on the warmer years.

Parade starts at 1, downtown party afterwards. If anyone here wants to join us, and would like more details, let me know.

From the looks of the weather forecast:sun:, I think there will be waayy more than the 1 bike that was in it last year at 35 degrees and pouring rain.:bang head:

Looks like this year will be 70 and pouring rain.........

Id like to come as long as you bring Karen because she is fun to be around. :rotf::rotf::rotf:

Well if I didn't have to work at 5:50am the next morning, I'd come join ya. Anything going on this Fri. or Sat.?

Bill

Hey Bill, Ken (Shrek) is going for a putt on Saturday and is planning on crashing (stayin') here Saturday night. We can find another couch or an air mattress if you want to stay here Sat night. I should warn you though, Karen's daughter and her 6 yo and 10 mo live here as well as 2 big dogs and a cat. We can lock the dogs in by us, but if you're awake, you're going to have to be throwin' the tennis ball for one dog. If you can deal with that, you're welcome to stay.

We're 4 blocks from downtown, and I'm sure there will be plenty of crazy folks to laugh at on Sat night already:crackup:. Or we can have a campfire in the driveway and drink beer and BS.:beersign:

Later, Scooter Bob

PS, the way this weather looks, it might be campin' time already.:D

Id like to come as long as you bring Karen because she is fun to be around. :rotf::rotf::rotf:

She's gotta work from 4-8 Saturday night, but she'll be here after that, and ridin' with me on Sunday for the parade. :thumbsup2:

Come on Down, we could turn this into a VR M&E. :D

I've got a big hammer and a jig saw also, so we could have an MD as well.:crackup:

How early is to early on Sat to show up? Looks like about 183 miles/3.5 hour ride for me.

Bill

Later in the afternoon is good. Ken was talking 4-6pm, depending on what route he took getting here. You might want to call him and meet up somewhere:confused24:, I think he was looking to put a lot of miles on getting here.:D

Later in the afternoon is good. Ken was talking 4-6pm, depending on what route he took getting here. You might want to call him and meet up somewhere:confused24:, I think he was looking to put a lot of miles on getting here.:D

Okey dokey artachoki! I'll shoot Ken a PM and see where he's headin', and I'll be seeing you two Sat. afternoon then.

TTYL

Bill

Just a few questions...

Do you have to be an ABATE member? Does it matter what kind of bike and what condition the bike is in? Are you promising sunny weather?

-Andrew

NO

Those were easy questions! LOL

See you there? When?

Later, Scooter Bob

Hey Scooter, I suppose you address would come in handy...

Lol

Bill

We live at 108 Rosedale Ave. Rosedale is a North-South st that "T"s into west Crocker St on the North end. We're the second place South of Crocker St on the East side of the Street.

See you Tomorrow, Scooter Bob

We live at 108 Rosedale Ave. Rosedale is a North-South st that "T"s into west Crocker St on the North end. We're the second place South of Crocker St on the East side of the Street.

Are you planning to leave as a group from your place on Sunday for parade lineup? I might just ride on down there myself and join up with yas for the parade. Name a good time for me to show up.

Are you planning to leave as a group from your place on Sunday for parade lineup?

No real plans have been made, but we could meet here first and ride over together. :scratchchin:

Since I got rid of the ABATE Regional Rep job after 12 years, I won't be leading the parade with my 8 foot flag pole this year, so I'll need to be last with it instead.

I'll say be here noon or before, we can meet and BS for a while, and we'll head to line up about 12:15.

We'll have coffee and water and beer and some sodas available. And we've got some ice cream in the freezer if anybody is inclined.:confused24:

See you all tomorrow, Scooter Bob

Parade Day is here. The bike is about done with the decorating. Just waiting for last night's company to rise and shine. Bill (a1bummer) and Ken (920shrek) got here yesterday afternoon, and spent the night. Jeff (redrider) stopped in for a couple hours yesterday evening as well. We solved a lot of the worlds problems last night.:D:beersign:

Anybody else wants to join in today, be here before noon today. We'll have coffee and water and beer and some sodas available.

Keith, Andy, and Bill, sorry we lost you. My guess is some of those guys ahead of you wanted to go cool the bikes down a bit, instead of going right back downtown.

Glad you made it here, glad to meet you, and hope you had a safe ride home.

And I saw Andy taking a pic of the VR section, so hopefully that will get posted soon.

Thanks again for coming over everyone, your all welcome here anytime, Scooter Bob and Karen

No worries- we were keeping an eye on the Hardley girl who seemed to be a rather inexperienced rider (right in front of Bummer). All three of us had to get going pretty quick immediately after the parade. Thanks for inviting and hosting us- indeed good to meet some VR folks for the very first time. :thumbsup2: