IGNORED

Info on this site??

Yammer Dan

The info on this site is only as good as the people typing the responses or posts.

I can tell you that you can fit a projector into an '86 VR, but that is only good info if you can feel confident that I have done it, or had personal experience of someone who has ...

I can tell you that the VR is good for 1000 mile days, or more, and that is info you can use more readily if I have a track record (I have) .... However, it really only tells you that my bike was capable, on those days.

In another place I just had a request passed to me that came from a new member wanting to know how to increase the impact of his posts, and build a readership. He is concerned that the three articles he has written to date have not been well received.

It's about reputation and experience. I have written 200 articles in that place, and have hundreds of regular readers, and had I written his posts they would have been better received ... because folk have experience of my writing.

In a Forum like this it's actually easier to discern the useful information. If one member posts a piece about AGM Batteries, the posy is helpful .... It is far more helpful when taken as the opening entry in a discussion which then explores the subject. Actually, I now feel happier about my cheap Walmart batteries than I did before, even though there are advantages to AGM .... See how that works?

Like every other aspect of life, the internet is simply a place to meet, discuss and learn. And like everywhere else, it takes all kinds. People do not drop in and hand out info by accident ... they share, and it is the sharing that matters because that is how you assess what you are reading, both here and in real life

Just my 2c

That sounds more like the YammerDan we all know and love...........glad to see your back on your meds!!!

Quote:Thats only 4.3 posts per beer. Changing brands may improve your PPB (posts per beer) or it could be the thread is out of sync and needs tuning!! You may try reading from a different computer....:End Quote