IGNORED

Hannigan Brake Pads (Part Number)

Cougar

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Jay.. that won't happen, remember, these are supposed to be done by an auth dealer. Jim just does this to help us out. I just PM.ed you I can help you out with it. call me.

half done on the TOP SECRECT PROJECT :D

Jeff

SHUD UP !! NO !! oh body is back on and the hole turned out perfect!

bolting body now. and waiting for the master to figure out my relay problem

Are you over there now? tell him to read his email LOL I did the test

he wanted me to do.. otherwise I am almost DONE !!! oh and the breaks

are almost most done as well. doing 3 things back and forth at once :shock3:

SHUD UP !! NO !! oh body is back on and the hole turned out perfect!

bolting body now. and waiting for the master to figure out my relay problem

Are you over there now? tell him to read his email LOL I did the test

he wanted me to do.. otherwise I am almost DONE !!! oh and the breaks

are almost most done as well. doing 3 things back and forth at once :shock3:

When you put the new caliper brackets on they go on the rotor side of the knuckle, not where the old bracket was. Larry is at Joe's helping him with his trunk. What's with the relay?

running both pumps at the same time then use the switch and nothing.. Been fighting it all day.. body back on just need to add the hard pads. and the top trunk.. so tired LOL.

Was hoping to play with it today. but that's a no go now.. should have been all done

with in the next half hour. :crying: oh well there is always tomorrow! :D

maybe I will eat dinner and go back out and try and figure it out. blown fuse

now under the lower fairing I think.

if I remember correctly main pump should be on 87 and the other on 87A and when the main pump is on it should also energize the solenoid to stop backflow to the other tank. Now I could be wrong on this, I'd wait for Larry to chime in. I thought it was plug play :think:

It was LOL.... Larry and I have been emailing back and forth ALL DAY!!

Not a good day for me.. NO GUESS WHAT!!! Brakes all done, Now since

moving the caliper there are some stick on weights on the inside rim

and when the tire turns the weights hit the caliper :shock3:LOL to much fun today!

Thought I would have had it all button up by now.. I will start fresh in the AM

Jeff

Jay, All I can say is WOW... what a difference . like day and night with the

new rotors/hard pads (((PERFECT))) :happy65: .... now the trike will stop on a dime, great up-grade!

Oh and that other little problem is fixed. ask Larry *LOL*

Did about a 50 mile test ride and all went real smooth!:thumbsup2:

Happy Camper,

Jeff

:cool10: We knew you could do it :clap2: Yes those brakes are the cat's ass, after the install I got to about 30 MPH and locked them up, stopped straight as an arrow while pulling the trailer! :sign woo hoo:

Bet ya didn't read the tape before tearing it off, eh ? How much did it hold?

P.S.

I want to take this opportunity to thank Jim Gooch and the whole crew at Hannigan Motorsports for their outstanding customer support. It's refreshing to find a company that stands behind their products so strongly.

You guy's rock!

:beer:

Edited by ragtop69gs

:cool10:

P.S.

I want to take this opportunity to thank Jim Gooch and the whole crew at Hannigan Motorsports for their outstanding customer support. It's refreshing to find a company that stands behind their products so strongly.

You guy's rock!

:beer:

:sign yeah that:Great Gang ! They ROCK! :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I didn’t want to hijack the thread but you guys are the experts. 1st is there any way of finding out when the conversion was done. I had called Jim and with the limited info I had he could not find any record.

2nd, I have some brake problems. Posting pics and you can see the right side has some nice disc scoring. I was originally just going to replace the pads and may still just do that. I am seeking as to if I could have been affected by the rotor /pad issue mentioned and how to find out. I also want to verify that the pads previously posted in this thread (EBC FA266) are the correct pads. Also wanting to know if Hannigan will offer up the upgraded brake kit.

pa_don

:)YOU ARE NOT HIGH JACKING THIS THREAD:) , It is what is all about :-)

YOU have the wrong pads on those rotors (hard pads on cast iron)

that is how my first set looked.

Don, All you need to do is send Jim those two pictures and tell him your problem

IF nothing happens you can have my two new rotors and the right pads I did just pay

$ 55.00 for the new pads and they only have about 20 miles on them. ($35.00?)

so we can go from there. otherwise Jim should replace them with the newer up-graded ver.

for you at no charge to you.

Upgrade is larger stainless steal rotors and hard pads (NOT SOFT--EBC FA266) you have hard pads

on your cast Iron rotors now. (NOT GOOD)

The up-grade was done about 1.5 years ago.

In the past there was about 30 of us

about 3 years ago that Hannigan was sent the wrong pads (hard pads) to them with

there rotor kits. so hannigan replaced all of them at that time.

I would email him back and get this fixed. but as I say if something does not

happen for you PM me about getting my cast iron rotors from me. there nice and smooth.

I also have another set of pads as well. ( 2 sets ) and Rotors for $35.00 plus shipping.

Edited by Cougar

Without any way to prove the build date you are probably on your own as far as brakes. I was able to provide the original build receipt to prove the date. You may want to talk to your installer to try and get a copy. I think that ebc number is correct. I have the cross reference here somewhere. Do you have a serial tag on the trike frame? It will be on the right side, you can see it looking through the wheel in the ares of the bump stop. The tag is something new within the last few years. Mine does not have it.

Edited by ragtop69gs