IGNORED

Gas - Where and how much did you pay ?

KIC

Here in Oz I put standard unleaded in both my tin tops, and premium unleaded in my RSV.

Currently paying $1.38.litre for the standard and $1.42 for the premium.

That's with the 4c/litre discount (loyalty-type thing).

I remember when I left school in 1969 and moved from the bush to the big smoke, petrol was 39c a gallon and a packet of Marlboro was 36c.

My oh my. How times have changed.

Mind you I was only earning $1,098 a year way back then.

When I bought my RSV, the previous owner was running premium or mid grade.

And when I put regular (87) it was not great. I had my mix screws set by the dealer (setting o2) and since then, regular is all I use. (My RSTD has always been fine on regular, but they also set it too.). The bikes are set too lean from the factory.

$3.65 for RUG here; 10% higher for diesel (that is what really bugs me as there is no reason for it). Maybe when it reaches $5 or $6 it will drive some of the monstrous SUVs off of the road. Life would definitely be better without a hulking Super Flatulence SS tailgating me.

Thanks... a good reminder to me to start buying gas at Super-Store as they give discounts on gas based on dollor value of food purchased.

With my 70 cent discount last week I paid $2.75/gal at the Randalls grocery store by my house. I was filling up my wifes F150. I think I will start carrying a 5 gallon gas can when I cash in that credit.

With my 70 cent discount last week I paid $2.75/gal at the Randalls grocery store by my house. I was filling up my wifes F150. I think I will start carrying a 5 gallon gas can when I cash in that credit.

You should ask what the max gallon or dollar amount purchase is, then bring more 5 gallon cans.

You should ask what the max gallon or dollar amount purchase is, then bring more 5 gallon cans.

I would but I work for a company that provides all management with vehicles and also pays all gas including personal. We try not to use the wifes vehicle too often and she only works about 3 miles from the house.