IGNORED

work party for a houston area vr members

gunboat

hi folks

we need to have a work party for two of our local venturerider members. as ya'll know the squid & sweetnothing are fixing up a house so they can move into a place of their own. brad would never ask for help, BUT BRAD & LONNA ARE SOME OF THE FIRST TO DROP WHAT EVER THEIR DOING TO HELP OTHERS. so it's payback/ payforward time to help them. so this saturday feb. 25 & sunday feb 26.and possiblelythe next weekend of saturday march 3 & sunday march 4. i'am asking anyone who can come out & help them fix up the place. NO WORKING ON MOTORCYCLES that will come later.

some of the work that needs to be done is painting, float & tape sheetrock, laying down tile, & then grouting the next day, installing cabinets, etc. brad & lonna i love ya'll as family. so it's TIME THE V/R FAMILY GIVES YOU GUY'S A HELPING HAND. THAT WHAT FAMILY'S ARE SUPPOSE TO DO, HELPS OUT WHEN WE CAN. their new adress is 21455 old hwy 105 east cleveland,tex. (this is were the new 105 meet at the old 105) there is no mail box but i will put balloons out at the entery way. we will have a grill there to cook hot dogs & hamburgers on. i will have burgers & dogs, buns there to cook. if ya can bring a side dish. also bring water & whatever you want to dring that will help. i'll aslso have ice,plates, cups & plastic flatware. please call me for any more info at 832-265-6236.

best reguards

don c.

p.s. brad don't you even think about deleting this thread, i know i can out run you.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi folks i know everyone has things they need to do. that everyone can't come both days or can't come saturday but can come sunday, or may not be able to come at all. what ever you can do this weekend or the next will be very welcome. it's starting to get down to crunch time for brad & lonna. i forgot to say if anyone need a place to bed down friday or saturday nights i have two spare rooms. one with a full bed and the other with a air mattress.

reguards

don c.

hi folks

from what i've seen at brad's & lonna new place is to finish up on the float & taping of the sheet rock. stat texturing what walls need doing. need to cut and secure cement board down in the dinning room & utility room. then the tile can start being layed down. install the kichen cabinets after the walls are done. we will have a full day saturday, and hopefully have most if not everthing done on sunday. everyone will have a better idea after we start. bring your own hand tools, electric / cordless drills with bits, electric extension cords or your drills. now if some of ya don't have any tools don't worry we'll find something for you to fill those empty hands with. ( my big hammer THOR is waiting to get started )

reguards

don c.

hi george

you ask about tent space and o'boy does he have tent space. but i don't know if anyone is allowed to stay overnight there yet ( no runing water or bath room's, but there are plenty of trees ). as they still live at the rent house. you are more than welcome to stay at my place as i'am just a couple of miles from the new place. come on out & we'll set you up. it will be good to see ya.

reguards

don c.

hi folks looks like the weather is going to be great, just a little on the cool side this weekend. around the mid 50's or there about. hopefully the ground at brad's & lonna's new place will be dried up. i understand that last week after all the rain we had, a couple of folks got stuck in the yard. i will go by there tomorrow afternoon and check out the drive way.

reguards

don c.

hi folks looks like the weather is going to be great, just a little on the cool side this weekend. around the mid 50's or there about. hopefully the ground at brad's & lonna's new place will be dried up. i understand that last week after all the rain we had, a couple of folks got stuck in the yard. i will go by there tomorrow afternoon and check out the drive way.

reguards

don c.

Don, Is the road and driveway paved or dirt? I was gonna ride the bike up there.