IGNORED

Car Advice- Nissan Murano

Phoneman1981

Hello: Does anyone here on the site have experience with a Nissan Murano? Time to replace my wife's vehicle, she found a one owner local trade at one of our local car dealerships. 2004 with 79K. Excellant condition, SL model with many nice features, new tires. $11,000 is their bottom dollar. We kept it overnight, seems very nice. Runs good, very comfortable. Grandson of course liked the rear overhead DVD entertainment center. Thoughts and advice appreciated....:)

I've never owned one but have come close a couple of times. I think they are great cars. I love the CVT drive train. I almost bought one 2 years ago but it was newer and a lot more money. I ended up with a new 2011 Kia Sorento for just slightly more money and it came with the 10 year/100,000 mile warranty. This is our second Sorento and we have had very good experiences with them. If the money had been no object though, I would have gone with a new Murano.

I helped my son get another car a few months ago. He ended up with a 2008 Altima Coupe. It also has the CVT drive train and he loves it.

One good thing about the Nissan is that it does not use a timing belt. Most now use a timing belt with a recommended change at somewhere around 100,000 miles. It is an expensive maintenance item if you have it done and a pretty big job if you do it yourself. That is not the case with Nissan so you avoid that expense.

Hard to go wrong with a Nissan product. I've owned several and currently have an Infiniti. However, I driven several rentals with the CVT transmission and I did not like it. I just felt I didn't have enough control over the engine speed. I'm sure it's a good system I just didn't care for it. It's hard to beat a Nissan V6.

Dennis

My brother bought one about 3 years ago. They drive the wheels off of it. Im sure its close to 100,000 by now if not over it. They really like it. I dont think they've had one bit of trouble other than general maintenance and tires, which comes with owning any vehicle.

Daughter and son-in-law have one and love it.

And Nissan is definately consumer oriented...... Have found that whenever we determine there has been a problem or an issue with their vehicles they are more than willing to step up to the plate and do the right thing.

:15_8_211[1]:

I'm not running Nissans down, because we own a 1999 Nissan Altima. Nissans are good vehicles, but my sister bought a new 2003 Murano, at a little over 100,000 miles she started having transmission problems. Too much to try to explain here. Google "2003 Nissan Murano transmission problems" and see what you find. The earlier models seem to have transmission troubles. I think in 2007 Nissan finally redesigned the transmission.

C.R.

Hard to go wrong with a Nissan product. I've owned several and currently have an Infiniti. However, I driven several rentals with the CVT transmission and I did not like it. I just felt I didn't have enough control over the engine speed. I'm sure it's a good system I just didn't care for it. It's hard to beat a Nissan V6.

Dennis

Most all Nissan's with the CVT also have the manual shift feature. Just use that then you have all the control over engine rpm. Just pick your gear.

You & Lee should get the Murano because it is so well equipped. You will really like all of the features & Brendan will really like the entertainment center in the back seat. You guys deserve to have some comfort with your driving & the TAXI service that is only going to get busier as Brendan gets more involved in school & all the activities.

GOOD LUCK & Let's drive it to Houston??? Think Lee will let us?

Thanks again everyone for your input and support. After continuing our search for a few more days, we still decided to go with the Nissan Murano afterall. We liked it the best. The dealer treated us well. Allowed us to drive everything on the lot, kept them overnight, no pressure. Hauled my elderly father home from the hospital, 50 mile ride on heated leather, comfortable and easy for him to get in and out. Yes Dan, Lee agreed that rather than spend $800 in fuel to haul our bikes to Texas in March, that we can drive the Murano. Hoping to meet as many members as possible. The bikes are fun but the socializing is the best part!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone: It has only been a few weeks since we decided to purchase the Nissan Murano. So far I am very pleased with it. It finally snowed here. The Murano is sure footed as a mountain goat. Very fast if you need it to be. Very comfortable. 22 MPG on the last tank of fuel. Thanks again for everyone's input...Mark