IGNORED

New Member from Australia

Hi All,

I have introduced myself in the new members section so i wont bore you again.

To the questions!

I am picking up my 96 Royal Star tomorrow and am looking at ways to unleash the beast being a serial modder like i am! way the reviews read you would think the poor bike could not pull the head off a custard its supposedly so underpowered. However i dont expect it to be anywhere near that bad. I suspect its just a bunch of harley riding journos who arent actually used to a bike that actually revs out!

My plan of attack is 4 into 4 slipons( it is bone stock!) dyna 3000 ignition, big air kit , vmax cams and springs and 32mm carbs. I might look at the Vmax rear hub as well but i would prefer to see how it pulls after the engine mods first.

Now the issues!

4 into 4 pipes seem non existent now. Am i best off finding some generic aftermarkets and fabbing some mounts? Also can the cams and springs be swapped without removing the engine?

Any help appreciated. Great to be here.

Just a quick update. I picked up the new beast. Its a lovely thing to ride even though it scrapes everywhere it goes and the brakes are almost criminally bad.

Power was a pleasant surprise. I know the early Royals are known for being underpowered but it had more poke than i expected. Granted its no powerhouse but it has a decent turn of speed when revved out cleanly.

All in all i am very bloody happy. Looks cool now its stripped down of sissy bars and screens, and although it had stock pipes it makes a fantastic noise. I think the original packing may be giving up the ghost.

That V4 note is addictive! Makes Harleys sound kinda.......boring really.