IGNORED

Maxthon Web Browser - Who uses it?

SilvrT

Over the years there have been a number of thread by folks regarding issues with their Web browser (IE, Firefox, Chrome, etc etc) ... I don't think I've even once seen anyone post anything about Maxthon ... except myself.

This leads me to wonder ... does anyone else on here use this web browser or am I the only one?

http://www.maxthon.com/mx3/?v=3.3.1.2000

I have been using this browser since it first came out back in the late 90's. Then it was called MyIE. Of all the others I have tried and worked with, I always come back to Maxthon. It has some really great features and some of those features which are now available in IE, FireFox, etc were in Maxthon long before.

Maxthon uses the same rendering engine that IE uses (Trident).

If you haven't taken a look at it yet, check it out ... you might just find it a good (or maybe even great) alternative to what you are now using, especially if you've been having issues.

I have never heard of it. I finally switched over to Firefox and found out to be much better on average internet use. I have found issues with a lot of proprietary type web sites . Especially my government portals and related needs Explorer How does Maxthon work on either govt or private type sites ?

I have never heard of it. I finally switched over to Firefox and found out to be much better on average internet use. I have found issues with a lot of proprietary type web sites . Especially my government portals and related needs Explorer How does Maxthon work on either govt or private type sites ?

Never any problems. At work, we have a specialized Cisco email app that cannot be accessed by anything other than IE. Since Maxthon uses the IE engine, it works fine.

We are a private contractor to the government and access their websites regularly and have special govn't web apps that we use. They all work in Maxthon.