IGNORED

12 year old girl looses battle to cancer...........

I know some of you here on VR may get tired of my postings about St. Jude and Cancer Research. But it is stories like this that break my heart and make my determination even stronger to raise funds to help find a cure for cancer. Small donations from large groups such as ours make a difference. I am not asking for donations, I am pleading for help for all the young cancer victims out there. You dont have to make your donations to me, you can make them via the Mean Dog Tribute page, you can become a partner in Hope at the St. Jude Web site. Its not about what I can do, its about what we all can do to make a difference. Please read this story and tell me it cant happen to you or your loved ones or a friend, cause it happens every day, every hour, every minute to someone's loved one. I know, it has happened to me, and just about every member here losing someone to cancer or someone battling cancer.

"NEGU"

WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!!

RANCHO SANTA MARGARITA, Calif. (AP) — A Southern California girl who became a nationally recognized face of child cancer with a blog that chronicled her fight against brain tumors has died. Jessica Joy Rees was 12 years old.

Jessica's family announced her death on her Facebook page, stating that her 10-month battle with brain cancer ended Thursday. Tens of thousands of people responded by posting updates to the page in a show of support that includes "likes" and prayers.

By Friday afternoon the outpouring surpassed Jessica's goal to get one "like" for each of the estimated 50,000 American children with cancer.

The Orange County seventh-grader, called "Jessie" by family and friends, began her blog and Facebook page after being diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor in March. A second tumor was discovered in September.

While some of her posts discussed her struggles as she underwent radiation and chemotherapy treatments, others urged readers in dozens of countries to support pediatric cancer research and to pray for other children with the illness.

She always signed her posts with the acronym "NEGU" (NEE'-goo), short for "never ever give up."

Also, she and her parents started The NEGU Foundation, a nonprofit organization to raise awareness of pediatric cancer, support sufferers and raise money for research.

The foundation sold and provided thousands of "JoyJars" stuffed with candy and toys to sick children. More than 3,000 were sold and distributed in 27 states last year, according to the NEGU website.

After her diagnosis, Rancho Santa Margarita youngster received tickets to "American Idol" and arrived with signs that read "NEGU Casey" to support contestant Casey Abrams, the Orange County Register (http://bit.ly/yJwyF3) reported.

Co-host Ryan Seacrest also allowed her to announce country singer, and eventual winner, Scott McCreery.

Jessica wrote on Facebook that her mission was "to encourage kids fighting cancer to Never Ever Give Up by spreading hope, joy and love. A cheerful heart is great medicine."

A celebration service was scheduled for Wednesday at the Saddleback Church in Lake Forest, where her father, Erik Rees, is a pastor.

Thanks for posting this! It seams that we get so tied up in our lives that we forget the trials and tribulations that are on going, like you said every min. of every hour.. Cancer is a terrible dissease and does not discriminate. I have lost both parents and some freinds to "C". Thank you so much for everything that you do to keep St. Judes visible and up front in all of our minds, even the smallest amount of help can make a huge difference in someones life!

K

We DO need to be reminded just how sacred life is...and how quickly it can be cut short. I think it is very hard for us to face up to the loss of this brave young lady...I, for one, hate to hear about anything bad happening to young people, but, we do need to face the truth. As a survivor of cancer, I know how ugly the disease is...I would not wish it upon my worst enemy. Appreciate your compassion for these folks. God bless.