IGNORED

Let it snow... Let it snow....

Condor

There is nothing up around Tahoe so far this winter, and if Mother Nature doesn't get with the picture we're going to have a long dry summer. The snow pack in the Sierras is our summer water supply. We did get a series of storms roll thru the area a couple of months ago, but any snow produced has melted off. Haven't seen anything like this since '73 and the draugt of '74-'75. Hope we have another March Miracle...

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i16/Cirquerider/2011/2011-12-18%20no%20snow/nosnow096.jpg

We have our first brown Christmas here in quite a few years and temps have been around or above 40f for a few days now. its only my 2nd time ever getting a bike ride in December. BUT after last winters record cold and record snowfall, it is a welcome break and will help get our ground water back to normal levels.

For the first winter ever the dams are still running open after last years melt and spring rainfalls to bring water levels back to normal so we dont have a repeat of the flooding if we do finally get snow this winter.

Brian

Ps Jack, I hope you get your snow, but I would be fine if ours stays away

"I LOVE SNOW" in California.........:dancefool:

We have our first brown Christmas here in quite a few years and temps have been around or above 40f for a few days now. its only my 2nd time ever getting a bike ride in December. BUT after last winters record cold and record snowfall, it is a welcome break and will help get our ground water back to normal levels.

For the first winter ever the dams are still running open after last years melt and spring rainfalls to bring water levels back to normal so we dont have a repeat of the flooding if we do finally get snow this winter.

Brian

Ps Jack, I hope you get your snow, but I would be fine if ours stays away

Yep, I'd like to see the peaks of the Sierras look like a bunch of sno-cones.... Youse folks can send it all our way.... :)

We have had the first brown Christmas in a long time here in NW Iowa. Kind of nice for a change. Even went for a couple hr. ride this afternoon. I've never ridden the end of December before. If the weather holds next weekend, we can get out and ride on New Years day!

Whatcha doing Sunday - yup - New Years Day?? Sacramento Chapter is hosting a ride - I'll be coming up for the fun of it. We may be riding for a while, though - in search of the white stuff - :dancefool::thumbsup:. The meeting location should be fairly close to your house.

The annual STAR 153 Polar Bear ride is on!!! Sunday Jan. 1st, we will meet up at the Dennys in Newcastle which is located at Highway 80 and Newcastle road. KSU at 10am and come early for breakfast. What a way to kick off the New Year with a fun ride led by our very own "Paparazzi"

Whatcha doing Sunday - yup - New Years Day?? Sacramento Chapter is hosting a ride - I'll be coming up for the fun of it. We may be riding for a while, though - in search of the white stuff - :dancefool::thumbsup:. The meeting location should be fairly close to your house.

The annual STAR 153 Polar Bear ride is on!!! Sunday Jan. 1st, we will meet up at the Dennys in Newcastle which is located at Highway 80 and Newcastle road. KSU at 10am and come early for breakfast. What a way to kick off the New Year with a fun ride led by our very own "Paparazzi"

I ain't no Polar Bear.... You know my rules 50-80 degs and dry.... if it can be helped. I can cage it to Denny's. It's a chance to rub elbows with a few of the 153'ers. Heck, I'll even pop for your breakfast... :thumbsup2:

Pretty brown here in Utah as well. last year we thought the snow woulod never go away. Could get real dry here this summer too.The ski resorts have all resorted to making their own snow.Blue skies and 50 degree weather,maybe us Utah riders ought to get together on Monday for a little ride,what you think Dave?