IGNORED

FMC employee question

star4772

Curious about this letter that was received for my stepson about his layoff and would like to know if anyone who is employed at FMC would know the answer.

He received a letter stating that since he is considered a part time and not yet fully hired on as full time but still gets the benifits and now is laid off and drawing unemployment from FMC the letter has offered him a position in either Chiago or Kentucky and has to fill out this form and send it back certified.

The question is if he doesn't fill out this form and don't send it in will he lose his unemployment and possiably his chance for rehire? Does anyone from FMC know?

Thanks Joe :confused24:

If FMC notified MESC of the job offer, it's possible they could bump him but if I remember right ONLY if it's an offer within the state, within a limited number of miles from home.

When I worked for Chrysler and was laid off, they extended job offers all over the country, you could take them or not, but, if you didn't you could sit in the pool for a long time, especially with low seniority .

If it's a full time direct hire position that he's interested in whats keeping him here ? These days ya gotta go where the work is.

I understand that to and agree but he has also been stricken with cancer and going through treatments at the present time. So I dont know if that has any bearing on it or not. I just told him he should get a hold of the union on tuesday and find out and not to put it off or he maybe SOL.

We'll see what happens. :confused24:

I understand that to and agree but he has also been stricken with cancer and going through treatments at the present time. So I dont know if that has any bearing on it or not. I just told him he should get a hold of the union on tuesday and find out and not to put it off or he maybe SOL.

Good advice.

YES ! The union reps will know the correct answers to the questions. They will not leave him or you wondering what is correct. Talk to the union first then make the informed decision. If he is having health issues he needs to do what ever he needs to do to make sure he has some form of health care plan. I am sure again the union can help.

I don't think I will rush to judgment on this one. Uprooting your family for a chance at a distant job can be very traumatic. In these times selling your home, tough at any time, may not be so easy. Then to move out of state hundreds or even thousands of miles for a promised job that may or may not be guaranteed and indeed may not even be there in a couple of months is quite a gamble. Is the company going to help pay for the move or is he just expected to show up? And illness makes it even more difficult. It is a much easier decision to make when you are not the one who has to live with the consequences however they come down. I just hope it all works out for your stepson.

Mike

:sign yeah that:

I don't think I will rush to judgment on this one. Uprooting your family for a chance at a distant job can be very traumatic. In these times selling your home, tough at any time, may not be so easy. Then to move out of state hundreds or even thousands of miles for a promised job that may or may not be guaranteed and indeed may not even be there in a couple of months is quite a gamble. Is the company going to help pay for the move or is he just expected to show up? And illness makes it even more difficult. It is a much easier decision to make when you are not the one who has to live with the consequences however they come down. I just hope it all works out for your stepson.

Mike

You just added a new wrinkle there didn't you. And yes it has a bearing, even more reason to make sure he gets full time to retain full benefits.