IGNORED

Like the RSV some other things don't change much

wes0778

Whatever you do DO NOT re-blue it or anything else to alter the finish on it, it will diminish the value.

Oh heck no, the only thing I'm gonna pursue is replacing the indexing "star" on the extractor. there is visible wear on it. If the trigger is pulled slowly, or the hammer is cocked slowly, the cylinder will not turn far enough to lock. Don't like lead "shavers"!!! There is no telling how many rounds this gun fired in it's life prior to the 1920s. That is when my grandfather acquired it. He died in 1931 and with the exception of the box of shell I shot through it in the late 1950s, It has never been fired since.

Could be just dirty, causing the malfunction. My smoot did the same thing till I gave it a good cleaning, either wouldn't advance or not advance far enough to lock the wheel. It's either dirty or the timing is off, let a trusted gunsmith have a look at it.

Oh heck no, the only thing I'm gonna pursue is replacing the indexing "star" on the extractor. there is visible wear on it. If the trigger is pulled slowly, or the hammer is cocked slowly, the cylinder will not turn far enough to lock. Don't like lead "shavers"!!! There is no telling how many rounds this gun fired in it's life prior to the 1920s. That is when my grandfather acquired it. He died in 1931 and with the exception of the box of shell I shot through it in the late 1950s, It has never been fired since.